Note to New Members ×

Yeah, we're crazy!

Guest eRentgenc

Enough of the pictures already!!! It is way too hard to concentrate on work, with all these wonderful carving pics going around. :D

I know the pic is from last season, but it hasn't started snowing here yet.

A friend of mine in Utah posted some pics of skiing in POWDER a couple weeks ago. Grrr...

Soon, very, very soon!

BTW: My first board was a RT 158. I love those short boards!!

Originally posted by eRentgenc

See, here in Latvia we don't have big mountains. The longest track is only 400m long and is always in bad condition. So, I prefare slolom boards.

Oh I see... I was confused at why this was a "crazy"... I mean March isn't a late date for most resorts in the world. And like while he's wearing shorts... he's also wearing kneepads...

For *crazy* I have some of my own pics... taken in May 4th 2000... somewhere near Boston... at sea level... elevation drop... 5 feet.

truck.jpg

arvin.jpg

The year after apparently some people (Plymouth State College riders) were doing backflips on the same run (they built a better drop-in and takeoff ramp). Never got my hands on photos or videos.

Is that snow from an ice rink parking lot? That was a regular summer activity for me and my buddies, except we made really big jumps and then towed into them. We had some crazy rails set up to, and wallrides and all sorts of stuff. All it took was about a 12' by 8' box trailer and my tiny jeep wrangler. Things got a little scary on the road yes, but that was enough "snow" for about a week in 75 degree weather because we tarped it when it wasn't time to play.

Guest eRentgenc

It's ok in Latvia when it blows 20+.

But I windsurf just 3 years. Maybe spending 1 year in Maui you can advance much more better than surfing 3 years in Latvia but I just have started riding with short board and I don't whant to quit it. :)

Maybe one day I will start to ride with kite, too. Thanks for info, man.

post-1311-141842199016_thumb.gif

right on brother. I'm not anti windsurfing at all and it looks like you're getting in the fun zone with a short board. Practice those jibes!Kiting is the next step in the evolution tho. Kerry still windsurfs too. I'll still ski from time to time. My softbooting snowboard friends think alpine is closer to skiing than snowboarding but who cares? As long as you're smiling it's all good! Ask Bob Lawliss, he's always got some skiis for back up.

Guest eRentgenc

Befor I met my F2 speedster I was skier for 12 years. But I much more like carving with board than with skies. Like you said:

As long as you're smiling it's all good!

And sorry for my english. For me it's roreign language.

No worries, my wife is Brasilian and I'm used to less than perfect engrish. My kite bud Matt is married to a Czech chick http://www.realkiteboarding.com/index.ihtml?page=newsitem&id=442 and she kites really well. That's near Latvia right ? After you graduate, come to the US and we'll teach you to kite. until then, carve on and learn to duck jibe

post-123-141842199022_thumb.jpg

Guest eRentgenc

Sveiks? Oh, that's nice. How the heck You know that?

If the condition on "Sigildas pilsetas kalns" is ok, I go there. But usually I go to "Zagarkalns". Zagars is allways perfect but in weekends very crowded.

You know where Latvia is? :)

Guest Ghostrider

Ya!

My dads girlfriends family is 100% latvian.

There is a huge Latvian camp in Three Rivers, Michigan called Garezers.

I live Kalamazoo, Michigan which is a huge area for Latvians who migrated over here. There is actually a Latvian church a block away from me.

But I spend lots of time with your fellow country folk. :D

And yes..they have made me sing "daudz laimes" more than a few times.

I've even spent a few evenings with the 'ecks-prezidents' (i like the latvian that sounds like english) Guntis Ulmanis.

Guest eRentgenc

Yeah, Czech is not far. Once I went there to somekind of ski competition.

I can do simple jibe (allmost) but duck jibe - holly vanesa! Once I nearly teared my chewers out. :) Ok, next season I'll try to work with jibes and jumps.

Thanks for invitation, man.

Originally posted by willywhit

No worries, my wife is Brasilian and I'm used to less than perfect engrish. My kite bud Matt is married to a Czech chick http://www.realkiteboarding.com/index.ihtml?page=newsitem&id=442 and she kites really well. That's near Latvia right ? After you graduate, come to the US and we'll teach you to kite. until then, carve on and learn to duck jibe

My NJ-born and raised wife married a crazy Russian guy . . . Poor woman . . . :D :D :D

Ka tev iet eRentgenc,

Don't let them dis your short stick.

I also have the F2 159 Speedster and this spring I was on it more than my new Donek.

I have the new Madd 158 coming soon, I hope. It will be ground by the same guy ,Mike D , and to the same angles. I will be interested to see how it compares to the F2.

Lonerider, your course at the IAB pales in comparison to the one we had on the Widner steps Feb '78. That was epic.

Uz redzesanos,

Scott

Originally posted by Barry

hi Lonerider,

everyone has their own definition of crazy. personally I don't see how what you did is all that crazy. I think a lot of the "jackass" stunts are crazy.

b.a.s.e. jumping, free climbing, etc is crazy.

Barry

True... hence why I used "crazy" in quotes, since I was using the original poster's definition of crazy where he was snowboarding very late in the season for him... notice how I specifically defined "crazy" before posting my photos.

You are free to define "crazy" in whatever way you want... in your own thread :D

willwitt:

12 hoodies, you in cape hattaras? I was just at the real shop in october. The "windsurfing is canceled" stickers cracked me up on their trucks.

Heh heh.

edit:spelling