Olympic - Alpine Snowboard

CarvingScooby

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

crap NBC crap NBC crap NBC fat men sitting in front of a fireplace talking about crap 20 and 30 years ago... now watching an overproduced Brokaw segment on planes landing in Newfoundland on 9-11-2001. What the %*# does this have to do with Olympics?????

CRAP!

Sooo what your saying is typical NBC Olympic coverage... :smashfrea

Congrats guys, you know who. No spoilers here.

I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-

:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin

I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-I hate NBC-

:flamethro:flamethro:flamethro:flamethro:flamethro:flamethro:flamethro

:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin:AR15firin

I hate NBC

Congrats guys, you know who. No spoilers here.

I hate NBC

Haha! So...;) you're not fond of NBC?

GOLD:1luvu:

CONGRATULATION to JASEY JAY ANDERSON for his GOLD

He deserved to get the best after 4 olympics (?) = 12 years(?) and best retirement present:o

Finally, ALPINE "CARVING" SNOWBOARD grab its ground and reach the highest podium in Cypress Mountain and best of all Canada knows abt this big moment of this sport.

I hope from now on in general people / winter reasorts will see CARVERS as a positive sporting and specially for Cypress Mountain to open their eyes and be more supportive.

Cheers

RT

Thanks for Blueb providing his place for the watching the big event and the sweet & the "hard" liquid for the celebration:eplus2::eplus2: Thanks for "crucible" to get intouch.

Darn so many times we both almost got heart attack reason we need the Hard Liquid ;)

post-6136-141842305193_thumb.jpg

Scooby:

I wouldn't hold your breath about this doing anything for the discipline. It's just going to be one of those weird sports like luge or skeleton, in most people's eyes. They'll only pay attention every 4 years.

Thanks for the reminder how tough it still wud be ahead of taking this sport to be recognize.

It took JJ 4 Olympics & abt 12 years to get his Olympic's GOLD

It took Blueb many years to have this sport recognize in Cypress Mt and with the helping hand from other fellow carvers like Dave*, crucible, tenorman, ruwi, Cousin of beagle, Pierre, mr_roboteye, xy9ine, wakeupjohn and others to promote this sport in Cypress, Grouse, Seymor and other local mountain.

Yes, it's still long way but today was the big day for this sport event to be recognize specially in Canada.

Cheers

RT:D

post-6136-141842305193_thumb.jpg

I cannot even tell you how happy I am JJ won! A good guy who's been in the sport forever, and he finally get's his gold (GOLD!) right before retiring.

For the record, he shouldn't have been DQed in the 2006 Torino boardercross. His board went around the gate, even if he didn't. :mad:

Has anybody talked about Schoch? That was hilarious.

The fault followed an almost comical series of races for 5th-8th with a no show from Rok Flander of Slovenia resulting in a series of twists including Swiss Simon Schoch coming out of the start gate miming the breaststroke in a pair of swimming goggles before promptly heading off the side of the course, his start securing his run.

The farce might cause organisers to reassess the system that decides 5th-8th position with it suggested that times from the qualifying round could potentially be used instead to avoid redundant races in the closing stages of the PGS with the focus on the Small and Big Final.

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.aspx?intStoryID=7205

Has anybody talked about Schoch? That was hilarious.

The fault followed an almost comical series of races for 5th-8th with a no show from Rok Flander of Slovenia resulting in a series of twists including Swiss Simon Schoch coming out of the start gate miming the breaststroke in a pair of swimming goggles before promptly heading off the side of the course, his start securing his run.

The farce might cause organisers to reassess the system that decides 5th-8th position with it suggested that times from the qualifying round could potentially be used instead to avoid redundant races in the closing stages of the PGS with the focus on the Small and Big Final.

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.aspx?intStoryID=7205

Probably a good idea. Those consolation races are kinda dumb anyways. But calling it a farce is a bit unfair. Schoch was just having fun. And who says the Swiss have no sense of humour.

Just saw an interview with JJ on CTV, good interview if you can find it. I know that here in Calgary you can see all the olympic coverage free on PPV.

That interview cracked me up. I'm not sure whether Jasey was still just stunned, or whether hypothermia had set in ...

Am I the only guy who thought that race was boring as hell? Maybe it was the rain and fog on the camera lens but it sure looked slow. There was zero drama. Compare it to short track speedskating. I can see why NBC is airing it at 11PM.

I think FIS needs to re-think the format. Maybe a longer race, less gates, more speed.

And how about that parallel format? How many times did the racers run into each other or nearly run into each other after the finish?

When FIS decided to go Parallel for GS, it ruined the sport...in my opinion. Single SG was the bomb.

Parallel SL still kicks ass though.