CarvingScooby

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

VANCOUVER 2010

http://www.vancouver2010.com/olympic-snowboard/schedule-and-results/ladies-pgs-finals_sbw230100SP.html

CTV

http://www.ctvolympics.ca/snowboard/news/newsid=52842.html#dutch+sauerbreij+wins+ladies+parallel+giant+slalom

1. GOLD (8) Netherlands SAUERBREIJ Nicolien +0.02 Winner

2. SILVER (14) Russian Federation ILYUKHINA Ekaterina -- +0.23

3. BRONZE (11) Austria KREINER Marion -- Winner

Cheers

RT

:oNo Canadian, but @ least Blueb & me still cheering for HOLLAND, I mean Netherland:D Goed voor haar.

Another talk here:http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29698

Am I the only guy who thought that race was boring as hell? Maybe it was the rain and fog on the camera lens but it sure looked slow. There was zero drama. Compare it to short track speedskating. I can see why NBC is airing it at 11PM.

I think FIS needs to re-think the format. Maybe a longer race, less gates, more speed.

And how about that parallel format? How many times did the racers run into each other or nearly run into each other after the finish?

I have to agree. It was as messy as hell out there, with girls going everywhere over the last few races. The conditions were, to put it mildly, bloody awful. I think they were all just happy to be done by the end.

I'm sure it was just the conditions. I remembered the Torino races being much more entertaining.

Hahahaha!!! Funny.... but I think I'll enjoy the guys in the tight suits better!!! That's tomorrow night, right?

:1luvu: :1luvu: :1luvu:

February 27, 2010 PACIFIC TIME

10:00 - Snowboard - Men's PGS Qualification

12:15 - Snowboard - Men's PGS 1/8 Finals

12:51 - Snowboard - Men's PGS Quarterfinals

13:09 - Snowboard - Men's PGS Semifinals

Medal Event

13:31 - Snowboard - Men's Parallel Giant Slalom Finals

Enjoy,

RT:lurk:

February 27, 2010 PACIFIC TIME

10:00 - Snowboard - Men's PGS Qualification

12:15 - Snowboard - Men's PGS 1/8 Finals

12:51 - Snowboard - Men's PGS Quarterfinals

13:09 - Snowboard - Men's PGS Semifinals

Medal Event

13:31 - Snowboard - Men's Parallel Giant Slalom Finals

Enjoy,

RT:lurk:

Geez I'm going to have to fight my wife over curling again.

Hi hardbooting brothas and sistas, I will post updates from twitter acct - snowboardracing (teamcsc) today, as I will be standing at the top of the pgs coaching. When I get a chance. I'm coaching forerunners and there for team CSC alumni Lambert and Morison.

It looked like a few riders have gone inside the stubby on a specific gate on the blue course. They haven't mentioned it. I was sure a couple of them would be DQed but they weren't. i am assuming that they have to go outside the stubby. Maybe the course judges just can't see. Poor Sigi. The weather looks awful.

It's pretty crazy how many riders are there on their own dime. maybe we should start an international fund for supporting racer if there isn't already one.

ECES is supporting Tyler, it would be nice if the announcers were hardbooters, one of them actually said they drag their hands to act as rudders to make the turn

I was thinking of more of a universal fund that any riders could apply for. It is awesome that ECES is supporting Jewel.

Am I the only guy who thought that race was boring as hell? Maybe it was the rain and fog on the camera lens but it sure looked slow. [...]

I think FIS needs to re-think the format. Maybe a longer race, less gates, more speed.

And how about that parallel format? How many times did the racers run into each other or nearly run into each other after the finish?

I totally agree. The whole thing takes too long. They go down the same hill 10 times (Qualification, eight final, quarter final, semi final, final. each red and blue.) And just when stuff finally should get exciting (semifinal) they add in a ranking run (losers of quarter finals) that even the racers don't seem to be interested in. (More than once the second player did not do the run.) Plus after semi-finals there were *huge* waiting periods. I lost my patience at this point and switched to the Ski Race.

Compare to a Ski GS. Skip the first heat and start of the second one and simply watch the best 20 runners in second heat. 35 minutes, with a short break between #16 and #15. See all the best doing their best without huge waiting periods and uninteresting stuff.

PGS also suffers from the fact that it can only be done on wide, rather (compared to the skiers, afaict on TV) easy slopes. I would love to see them run something that at least looks a little bit more spectacular.