Note to New Members ×

Board Only & Ski Only Trails ? What Say U ?

SteveInOregon

I remember years ago some resorts wanted to have ski only trails and board only trails , and some were pondering ski only resorts and vs versa to avoid a bad mix, I don't know what ever came of it.

I just moved from a so Cal high mountain town ( 7,500ft ) that had a snowboard only lift.

Two Questions: 1) Is there any ski or board only mountains or trails besides the tiny one I mentioned.

2) Does is seam feasible to have board only trails, or mountains ?

I would think both single & double planker's would like to have thier own trails ?

What Say You ?

PS I did a search for a thread / post like this and could not find one ( don't mean it doesn't exist ) so don't > :boxing_sm me for repeating this kind of thread. :biggthump

Terrible idea, IMO. As someone who does both I can't see any reason why I should be restricted from parts of the hill based on which gear I left at home that morning.

I'm fully in favor of pulling tickets from side-slippers who scrape their way down anything other than green or blue runs, though.

Boarders aren't the people that plow perfectly groomed runs into mogul mayhem :rolleyes:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY REPLY: I was thinking the same thing.

The skinny 185cm I ride only likes groom, or fresh-E, and that can only be found for the 1st hour before before the gang 2planker's turns it into the craters on the Moon look, so that ends up being about $40 per hour to try and learn how to carve.

The rest of the day is relegated to my old "snow surf" style of charge thru -over and around the Moon bunkers , grenade & bomb craters on my lunar snow rover, after a couple hours it's "```Ahhh ``Houston ```this is the L.E.M , we have a problem here, there is no tranquility as the base "

--

" L.E.M this is Houston, we can you say again, repete, you have extreme chatter , check your vibration monitors for overload", lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's funny because I am turning into a "elitist type of groom snob" out of necessity to want to learn.

I would have thought ski-zers would want their own runs.

Worn out topic, NEXT

8!

Please use the search feature. Most of the threads you have started have been discussed many times already. You aren't really bringing any new information to the discussion. At least since you are injured you won't be starting the "I broke my board in soft snow" thread that also gets started every year. I know you are injured and that is a bummer but do us all a favor and figure out the search feature please.

8!

Please use the search feature. Most of the threads you have started have been discussed many times already. You aren't really bringing any new information to the discussion. At least since you are injured you won't be starting the "I broke my board in soft snow" thread that also gets started every year. I know you are injured and that is a bummer but do us all a favor and figure out the search feature please.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY REPLY: Gotcha, I tried a search with key words "Snowboard Only Trails" "Ski Only Trails" and more and came up blank :o

Steve, there is no need to put, "MY REPLY" at the start of all your posts. We know it's you.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MY REPLY: I agree!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:biggthump

Ski Only resorts:

Taos, NM

Alta, UT

Deer Valley, UT

Mad River Glenn, VT

There are no SB only resorts.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__ ____: lol, I have zero problem with ski only mountains, so long as they are private enterprise and not concessions contracted and servicing a national or state forest service.

If a private concern wants to open a SB only mountain more power to them.

Alpine hard booting seams to be a minotity and a problem if division of runs and mountains would come back strong like the 90's.

To me alpine hard booting it looks more like a ski-carve friendly activity than a typical softboot'er SB'ing activity.

I don't mind the quick zig zag of a skiers in front of me, I am on my mental toes around them, but I the rut-mogul thing is a pain.

Alpine is too small, too little a minority to have any say over who runs what, so its the Serengeti Plains of Africa for us > we are gazelles , not soft boot pack of Hiennas or a pride of ski Lions, so it's survival of the fittest lol.

I could understand having carving only trails, but so far, my favorite person to carve with is on the highschool ski team. Well, both him and my brother, who skis also. They can both lay a tight line (or two, rather) and both are very capable of booting out for carving so tightly (just trying to illustrate their carving abilities), the only time they side-slip is to stop. Having boarder-only or skier-only trails/mountains is to say that boarders and skiers can't go down the hill in the same fashion, when in reality, there are both proficient people and morons in both categories.

I could understand having carving only trails, but so far, my favorite person to carve with is on the highschool ski team. Well, both him and my brother, who skis also. They can both lay a tight line (or two, rather) and both are very capable of booting out for carving so tightly (just trying to illustrate their carving abilities), the only time they side-slip is to stop. Having boarder-only or skier-only trails/mountains is to say that boarders and skiers can't go down the hill in the same fashion, when in reality, there are both proficient people and morons in both categories.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

__ ______ : Hummm that makes perfect sense. Thanks :biggthump

There was a snowboard only mountain, but I can't recall the name of it at the moment. Don't even know if it's still in business. This was a couple years ago.

I mentioned before, that were I just moved from I had a small single chair lift snowboard only park in my so Cal high mountain home town, what state are you referencing ?

8!

and that's a "problem" how???

I suppose in a "perfect" world, a nOOb would have a mandatory reading list, complete with 32 page quiz that he would be required to score 80% or higher on prior to placement of any posts :cool:

of-course there wouldn't be to many "active" threads in that perfect world though, would there?

:lurk:

and that's a "problem" how???

I suppose in a "perfect" world, a nOOb would have a mandatory reading list, complete with 32 page quiz that he would be required to score 80% or higher on prior to placement of any posts :cool:

of-course there wouldn't be to many "active" threads in that perfect world though, would there?

:lurk:

__ _____ : I really do try the search function , I look for "headlines" on the topics I am posting about 1st, I cant read "all" the content past the headlines that would take forever, most of my inquiry is not technical its more subjective & opinon oriented.

Now as for technical stuff & brand name stuff that is much easier to look up over topics that may be started in any manner of ways. :)

I mentioned before, that were I just moved from I had a small single chair lift snowboard only park in my so Cal high mountain home town, what state are you referencing ?

Found it in my notes:

Raging Buffalo in Algonquin, IL did not allow skiers circa 2006. They do now. Policy began in 1993.

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

bla bla bla bla ! FHBUCK A DUHK AND PIS UP A ROPE!

Your eloquence leaves me nearly speechless.

I don't like segregation myself Steve. But if I ever pull off an expression session here it will include an hour or two of closed run to the public for us to carve it out. :biggthump

Your threads don't piss me off, but I never claimed much good taste on anything. :eek:

Ski Only resorts:

Taos, NM

Alta, UT

Deer Valley, UT

Mad River Glenn, VT

There are no SB only resorts.

A bunch of us (drunks @ a apres ski party.... errr snowboarders) thought about buying Brodie Mountain in MA and making it an exclusive destination for the eastcoast for boards only. But we are snowboarders.... aka: poor dreamers. :D

It would be nice because Jiminy Peak is just around the corner too, but I doubt there would be a huge calling for such a resort, so we just kept drinking, and spent our down payment money of 204.89 on beer instead.

But if I ever pull off an expression session here it will include an hour or two of closed run to the public for us to carve it out.

Save your money, it's not worth it. It's a thrill for one run, just to know that you're on a carvers-only trail, and then you realize it's basically no different because there's nobody there midweek anyway. Also with every carver at the session going down the same run, it gets pretty cut up.

Doing a carver-only trail during the weekend would just piss off a lot of skiers and snowboarders, and you'd get db's ducking the rope or coming in from the trees or a cross-cut.

Save your money, it's not worth it. It's a thrill for one run, just to know that you're on a carvers-only trail, and then you realize it's basically no different because there's nobody there midweek anyway. Also with every carver at the session going down the same run, it gets pretty cut up.

Doing a carver-only trail during the weekend would just piss off a lot of skiers and snowboarders, and you'd get db's ducking the rope or coming in from the trees or a cross-cut.

It wouldn't be "carver" only as such, but set up as a closed run for "training" through the race department. No one would even have to know it is for dirtbag carver types. And for me it would be all about starting one at a time and knowing that no one would come up on you for sure.

:barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf::barf:

bla bla bla bla ! FHBUCK A DUHK AND PIS UP A ROPE!

JD here's the soundtrack for that. <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfmB-8onoMo&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfmB-8onoMo&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>