Note to New Members ×

boots in carry on

Ernie00

I know a lot of people traveled by air this past few weeks to go to SES. I'm going to Colorado soon and usually I bring my boots as part of my carry on.

With the new rules and everything is that something still possible to do ? We are flying with Jetblue

Thanks for the info

I know a lot of people traveled by air this past few weeks to go to SES. I'm going to Colorado soon and usually I bring my boots as part of my carry on.

With the new rules and everything is that something still possible to do ? We are flying with Jetblue

Thanks for the info

I never put my boots under the plane. I usually put them under the seat in front of me.

Note that flying Canada to US is very different than flying US to US after the Christmas attack attempt. There is a list of things the TSA allows you to carry, not a list of things you can't carry as used within the US. Check the TSA homepage or your airline's site.

I flew US to US, no problem with boots (with BTS springs in place) in my carry-on luggage. Not to mention the ticket was less than 1/2 the price. That made the 2.5 hour drive South worth my time!

we are flying from boston to denver...

Montreal denver non stop was about 1000$ more .. so it'S worth the drive.

I've tought about wearing my boots also ;) it would be a pain to take them off and put them back on to go through the scanner. specially my new UPZ.

In the past years I've never had any problems with bringning them on the plane... I was just curious with all the new measures..

I pack my boots and bindings(BTS and td 2's) in a backpack as a carry-on. Hartford to Denver and back.. It did get flagged in Hartford for a manual search because the inspector stated that the bindings "shielded" the boots in x-ray. Next time thru I removed the bindings to a bin with my shoes...and had no search. The only problem encountered over the last 4 years was when I packed an L-shaped 5mm allen wrench in the binding parts bag....The nice security lady in Canada stated that I could not posess any "tools", and had to leave it behind...

Good luck and safe travels!!!