SBX Clothing and other nonsense.

Xpedite

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes I actually use ski poles while skiing & boarding, unlike a lot of skiers I see

The story goes like this;

when I started getting good enough to board anywhere I could ski & tele, I would follow my ski buddies out the high traverse to Alpental backcountry the 1st year patrol allowed boards. On the trail out there's a flat section where I had to step out of the binding to push. I asked my friends to use their poles 'cause they could skate, one day Ron said phuk yu , get your own poles so I started taking them with me. I figured since I have them I might as well use them and found the upperbody stability made riding bumps easy, easier to get up after a fall, bushwhacking thru the brush, lean on when resting, everything a skier uses them for including stepping out of my bindings.

AASI demo team guys told me to give them up 10 years ago but the only reason to I could find is they prevent me from dragging my armpits in the snow, oh damn, how can I live without that.

The other thing that really bothers me a lot is crotch kneed teenagers think I look funny,

til they see me rip up a bumprun:biggthump

Are you bragging? or trying to make a point? If your point is that a Kessler is worth $1500 than I completely agree if you are using it for its intended purpose... RACING! Do you think Hans Kessler designed your beloved alpine stick to carve 360's and lay trenches? Trenches can be laid on the most simple of equipment. I wonder why a guy like you that doesn't race need a WC level race stick? Crutch perhaps? Status? Showboating?

I'll bite.

I wonder why a guy like you hangs out on these forums when all you do is baselessly belittle people.

I'll answer your questions though. New School Race decks make your face hurt from smiling on groom. They also work very well when the snow falls apart.

Here's a community more your speed.

http://burton.kontain.com/

precisely.... Softboots are so out that an entire industry has shunned hardboots. I wonder why? Popularity perhaps? Or simply the sports is beyond its primetime. Most of us have evolved, some of you are still holding on to the glory years. Sorry, hardbooting is an important part of the past, but a very small and insignificant part of the future.

Why is it you come here?

Are you bragging? or trying to make a point? If your point is that a Kessler is worth $1500 than I completely agree if you are using it for its intended purpose... RACING! Do you think Hans Kessler designed your beloved alpine stick to carve 360's and lay trenches? Trenches can be laid on the most simple of equipment. I wonder why a guy like you that doesn't race need a WC level race stick? Crutch perhaps? Status? Showboating?

because wether or not some other tool will do it there's just about nothing better to do it with than the boards he mentioned.

again, you come out like the other softboot trolls against change and progression.

in a earlier post you were trying to say we were living in the past for riding plates... you know, most of the softy trolls are more disconnected from the snowboard world as a whole than I am and I'm pretty much a dedicated hardbooter at the moment. I can't say that for a ton of people on this forum because they do hate on softboots more than they need to but whatever. You're just being the cool dude. you, softbootsailor, mfusion and a couple of the special ones here need your own sub forum or, hell, just suck it up and go to TGR, or some ****.

Mnfusion

This comment is what set a lot of us off. Once you proclaim that you are the sh$#ts well your gonna get :flamethro

I don't know of any other BOL member that has EVERY stated "I am damn good" on this forum.

Come on man, who says stuff like? Take a more humble approach next time and you wouldn't get :flamethro

LOL, I can think of a few, CMC(he does ride really well and love a pissing match) , ESPI's every other post is/was about how often he amazes people where he rides. there's a few others as well. few are as direct but there's a BUNCH that might as well because they groom their ego here so often. A couple of them I like anyway, others not so much.

Softboots are so out that an entire industry has shunned hardboots. I wonder why?

Actually hardboots have not been allowed to die, despite the industry giving them up for dead. Head (skis on the podium this week) bought Blax's molds and still makes boots. Full Tlit bought the flexon molds & still makes boots. Deeluxe bought the Raichle SB & AF molds and still makes boots. Oxygen only went under "cause burton threw them under the bus to save $$$ on manufacturing. UPZ, UPS 20yrs ago, Bomber, Catek, Snopro, Proflex, F2, Coiler, Donek, Prior all still in busines thru the worst economy in 75 yrs.

The best of any product is not what's created in bulk for the masses.

How is it a thread gets this long on what the riders are wearing? I feel like I'm watching the "E" network when they do their red carpet fashion special.:p

If I feel like it I will upload some photos of my current wardrobe. (Killer Loop pants, Bamboo Curtain pants, Gotcha jacket, Kombi gloves, and Bamboo Curtain jacket) Now THAT'S style!:cool:

Here's a quick pic of me sporting a lovely combo consisting of one Quicksilver cap with a grundgie Bamboo Curtain "garage jacket" complimented with the Killer Loop pants with removable knee pads, the Kombi "King" gloves finishes the look with a sort of "who gives a f%$#" feel.:smashfrea

post-6711-141842303976_thumb.jpg

Deeluxe bought the Raichle SB & AF molds and still makes boots. Oxygen only went under "cause burton threw them under the bus to save $$$ on manufacturing.

I thought Deeluxe was just a new label that Raichle decided to slap on the boots, not a separate company...? And I'm pretty sure Oxygen was Atomic. What do you mean by Burton throwing Oxygen under the bus? Just curious.

I thought Deeluxe was just a new label that Raichle decided to slap on the boots, not a separate company...? And I'm pretty sure Oxygen was Atomic. What do you mean by Burton throwing Oxygen under the bus? Just curious.

you are correct on both counts.

atomic rebranded the o2 name to atomic and changed the construction and shape of the boards, they are MUCH better boards for it. but they still made kryptons under the 02 name for a long time after that and still capped them. if anything atomic is now selling more boards than ever. with or without alpine.

So in order to keep something looking free you need rules about the minimum bagginess of your clothing? It seems like alpine boarders are the only people enjoying freedom nowadays.

Suits worn in the

Alpine events of Downhill (DH), Super-G (SG), Giant Slalom (GS), Slalom

(SL), and Speed Skiing are not allowed.

So if I wear baggy pants in a SL event this automatically outlaws it in SBX?

BRING OUT TEH MONKEY SUITS!!1!!!111 :1luvu::1luvu:

From FIS Rules: http://www.fis-ski.com/data/document/ICR04.pdf

606.2 Competition Suits

606.2.1 For Downhill, Giant Slalom and Super-G competitions at the Olympic

Winter Games, FIS World Ski Championships, FIS World Cup, FIS

Continental Cups and FIS World Junior Ski Championships competition

suits must be plombed.

606.2.2 If for any reason a plomb is missing from a suit that has already been

controlled, a provisional start may be allowed.

606.2.3 In this case or when a doubt exists concerning subsequent modification of

a racing suit or if there is a protest, the following procedure should be

followed:

Following recognition of one of the above circumstances the racing suit is

immediately marked. At the end of the race the TD must confiscate this

competition suit and send it to the FIS for control.

606.2.4 Officials present at the competition and appointed for suit controls by the

Committee for Competition Equipment, have the right to make reexaminations

on site.

I guess my corporate history is a bit flawed. I thought the oxygen shells & burton shells were the same, and oxygens were no longer produced.

oh, I didn't even realize Oxygen ever had a line of hardboots. They very well may have been Burtons. I've heard that the molds for just one shell size of boots cost around $20,000, so it's no wonder they don't change much over time, and get sold when a company is done with them.