Note to New Members ×

Never Summer to release a freecarve board

Loc

do you mean actually riding TRUE 'big-mountain'. a/k/a cliffs, windlips, cornices, chutes, kickers? There is a huge difference and the Raptor seems to be a great choice for big-mountain riding.

Ssshhhh.... We don't condone that type of behavior here.:nono:

Hey why? He said nothing bad this time.

I guess we are talking TRUE big-mountain. That's exactelly why I posted the opinion - most of industries "true big-mountain" boards tend to be directional boards, while this thing seems to be a twin-tipish...

133 effective edge and 8.3 m radius is not a "big" board all mountain or free carving tool.

As a 190# 6' adult that likes to ride cliffs, windlips, cornices, chutes, kickers, pow fields and carve steep long groomers it's at the small end of the spectrum.

NS makes a good board but the 172 legend is as close to a Big mt board as they get. Give me 145 E.E. and 10+ radius & we'd be in the ball park.

133 effective edge and 8.3 m radius is not a "big" board all mountain or free carving tool.

As a 190# 6' adult that likes to ride cliffs, windlips, cornices, chutes, kickers, pow fields and carve steep long groomers it's at the small end of the spectrum.

NS makes a good board but the 172 legend is as close to a Big mt board as they get. Give me 145 E.E. and 10+ radius & we'd be in the ball park.

IDK, you're giving the same argument the big GS deck *******s here give, things to the effect of "carving starts at 185cm"

IMO, the nastier the terrain the bigger a hinderance a big board is. even inbounds at some of the better resorts. I can and do take 190ish boards everywhere but if I were riding nasty **** all the time there'd be nothing over 180 in my quiver.

at this point in my post I'm realizing that big mountain riding means different things to different people. big mountain to me involves crampons, ice axes and avy gear. to others it means riding a lift and walking a ridge line for 5 minutes to where it's slightly less tracked out.

I agree, I just wish they had longer sidecuts.

+1.

If they just got the sidecuts up in the 11-14m range i would have bought a titan tx last summer. great boards, some of the best made out there imo..... but i get hesitant riding it at full speed... they just get too twitchy. i'm told you get used to it and can really learn to love the tight tail on it, but i'm not going to gamble a paycheck on that.

Here's to hoping they make a kick ass BX board or just offer some longer scr's for the mach 10 riders in the near future....:biggthump

My 178 oxy summit has 152 e.e. and is a bit much for anything but open bowls. The 168 Madd BX rules all mt. for someone my size but it has 8cm more e.e. and another 2m of sidecut than the 169 NS. The 173 Identity is juuuuussst rriiiighttt.

My 185 GS race is scary on anything but hero.