Note to New Members ×

June Mtn March 2nd to 5th

Miltie

Hey Gary, Things here are nuts right now due to workload. Which city is your son heading to in Japan? School trip? Got my kids (3 & 5) on boards now so we are doing some family trips. Have maybe 6 days so for this season. Planning on March and May trips to Mammoth/June. Have tons of vacation/sick time that must be used or it will be lost. Let me know if you will make it up in March. Take care, Tom

Hey Tom, good to hear things are well for you and the growing family. My son went to Toyko and surrounding area. I hope to be up in March, will most likely be over the weekends if I do. Trying to also seek in a trip to Utah during March to visit my daughter at school. Stay in touch and hope to see you in the spring.

GC

• 2 weeks later...

Up here with Jake for the week. Conditions today were primo in the morning with "hero groom" on most runs except Gunsmoke. Chair J4 was not running today due to low volume of people on mountain. Started snowing at about noon and there was aprox. 4 inches by the time we left at 2:30. Tomorrow should be awesome.

June was great today. Groomed hero covered with wind drifts in the AM. J4 lift never was operational so we stayed on J7 just bombing runs on Shatzi and Matterhorn. A storm rolled in about 11:30 and it started dumping hard. We left at 2:00 PM with at least 4 inches of fresh snow at the chalet - much more on top. Tomorrow should be epic.

June received about 12 inches of new snow on Wednesday night. Took out the freeride board with plates in the AM and pulled out the Donek and Sidewinders at about 11AM. Gunsmoke was incredible. Hero groom! We rutted the place up until 1:30 PM. Temps are supposed to remain cold the next few days. Conditions for the weekend should be awesome. Those who make it up will probably not be disappointed. Going to Mammoth in the AM on the way back to LA.