Note to New Members ×

UPZ's superlight

CarvCanada

I see that UPS now only makes the RSV superlight, with big "RACING" graphics on it. How stiff is this boot? Compared to Suzuka or Indy? How is the spring system? How is the forward lean system? Can you get a lot of forward lean?

I know there are issues with the screws not being recessed and getting worn, but that doesn't bother me. Do they fit well with Cateks?

Thanks!

I just got a pair of UPZ's. The racing graphics is just a sticker you can peel off. Mine are size 29-29.5 and the toe is so wide it barely fits between the bail on my TD 2 step-ins. They won't work at all on my TD 1 step ins but do work with my TD 1 standards. They seem to have as much if not more forward lean than my 125's or Suzuka's. I didn't think much of their liners but with a pair of thermoflex's in them, I think I'm going to like them. They have 5 locking possitions, like the Raichles, except they have the springs so you can soften them up a little or crank the springs down and make them pretty stiff.

big thumbs up for gettin' thermoflex in 'em. I just got 'em in with help of Michelle of bomber to get 'em molded to my feet. we did some gabbing and we figured itd be noooo problem with td2. ill find out when i purchase season pass to copper on thurs (nov. 4th) to go ride on 5th of Nov. I haven't got around to actually tinker around with it. Dont see a point of it til i acutally am riding on 'em and could tinker with it on the mountain.

Just put 'em on and im happy with 'em. Michelle did a good job molding my feet. (Michelle, big kisses on you cheek for a job well done minus the paycheck i paid you with)

Originally posted by trikerdad

I just got a pair of UPZ's. The racing graphics is just a sticker you can peel off. Mine are size 29-29.5 and the toe is so wide it barely fits between the bail on my TD 2 step-ins. They won't work at all on my TD 1 step ins but do work with my TD 1 standards. They seem to have as much if not more forward lean than my 125's or Suzuka's. I didn't think much of their liners but with a pair of thermoflex's in them, I think I'm going to like them. They have 5 locking possitions, like the Raichles, except they have the springs so you can soften them up a little or crank the springs down and make them pretty stiff.

The UPZ boot material seems to be as stiff as the Suzuka's, but the UPZ tongues are much stiffer, it's the springs working against the locked possitions that helps soften them up. If you were to tighten the springs down, I think they would be stiffer than the Suzuka's , to the point of bruised shins.