Note to New Members ×

Carve

Gecko

I have a copy in my not so little very cold hands...After finding the things I was looking for I was assigned pack mule duty for my wife's 100yen shopping (it would take too long to explain) while waiting I noticed a Magazine shop up one escalator...I wandered to pass the time and what do I see???? One last copy of Carve Magazine on the shelf...some beautiful carving photos (I included one below). Its cool that there is a magazine like this available...even if it's in a language that I neither read nor understand...

post-507-141842198614_thumb.jpg

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

but do we have to comment each and every time?

that woman looks like she is totally in control, and making a technically sound turn

its not like she's flapping her arms around all over

oh, and btw...who says its in japan? she's certainly not japanese

Guest thomas_m

I was thinking the same thing. Can't be the blond hair. My wife's Japanese and her hair is purple half the time...

The day I rail a turn like that is the day I start criticising the spread arms (=probably never).

T.

Technically there is nothing wrong as long as the uphill hand is held high and downhill arm/hand low. It could be argued that as your arms are out you are reducing your effective mass that you are using to pressurize the edge-however this is minimal and people will argue balancve is improved with this posture.

With regards to style, thats personal, do it if you think it rocks and dont if you think it sucks, simple.

Seems to work for CMC and from what i've heard he's quite good

sounds like the Red Bull air show where people fly their own way well actually they all fly the same way pretty much into the water if anyone knows what I'm talking about :)

heh. down and WET, huh!

Im still stickin to the argument that the person in the picture is in control and rockin it, and that as gecko said maybe some should be a little less analytical about things.

its badass that theres a magazine devoted to carving!

Originally posted by D-Sub

heh. down and WET, huh!

Im still stickin to the argument that the person in the picture is in control and rockin it, and that as gecko said maybe some should be a little less analytical about things.

its badass that theres a magazine devoted to carving!

I don't matter about the Albatros style which is shown here,

I just find it very ugly to see. Everybody his own style, push and pull with bodyrotation and arms along your body, I like the most.

Only using arms and hands to reach and straighten your body in the turn.

http://www.extremecarving.com/photos/03html/p02_03.html Nice there is a magazine addicted to carving!

Greets, Hans

Originally posted by Hans

I don't matter about the Albatros style which is shown here,

I just find it very ugly to see. Everybody his own style, push and pull with bodyrotation and arms along your body, I like the most.

Only using arms and hands to reach and straighten your body in the turn.

http://www.extremecarving.com/photos/03html/p02_03.html Nice there is a magazine addicted to carving!

Greets, Hans

hans

we all know what "you guys" think is "right" for carving

my point is, why do you feel it necessary to criticisize? It's not always necessary.