Note to New Members ×

Riding with both feet at 6 degree lift

Sultan Guy

I realize that lift and cant are personal preference and that no one combination is best. Like most everyone else I have been experimenting and tweaking my setup as I figure out what works for me.

However I am curious about those carvers using 6 degree heel and 6 degree toe lift and what benefits that you experienced that made you choose this much lift.

So far I have only tried 6 degrees of heel lift on my back foot but really liked it. I was able to bend my back leg lower much easier into the carve and have not experienced any downside.

I ride with 6 degree lift on front and back. Neither has any cant usually. This allows me a bit wider stance for better balance and control without getting the dreaded quad burn. I've experimented with all sorts of lift and cant variations over the years but I always come back to this. The only thing I find helps a bit on some set ups (really steep angles) is a bit of outward cant on the rear foot.

By the way, nice paddles that you guys make :).

I'm running 6 and 6 under TD3s. No crazy science or theories here: it just feels better for me.

I started with 3 and 3, then went to 3F and 6R, and then 6 and 6. All almost pure toe/heel lift. I'm actually thinking about adding an additional heel raise for the rear as sometimes I find myself at the flex limit of my ankle/boot.