Note to New Members ×

Breckenridge, Co

loupa5

I've never carved out west and I'm thinking of going with a couple of friends. The mountain of choice is Breckenridge. Can anyone elaborate on their experience going to this resort? What runs would you recommend and which slopes if any are groomed?

While you are in the area, pay homage to Arapahoe Basin, and if you have time, get over to Beaver Creek also. The Beav is tops for carving, best groom in Colorado. Also, Keystone is an option, excellent grooming, loooong runs and the night riding option. When are you coming and will you have wheels while your here? Check the Colorado Summit and Eagle County ride board, someone local will more than likely be riding while your in town and there is nothing like having local on mountain knowledge to optimize your experience. Also, take a look at Loveland, there is a large, ever growing and highly entertaining, I mean skilled group that amasses there almost every weekend. It's worth the trip just to ride with this crew.

Think Snow!

When are you coming and will you have wheels while your here?

The trip is planned for Feb 10th to 14th...these dates are the same time as SES, hmmm. I'll have wheels but it's a shared ride. The condo and car rental is split four ways to minimize on the expenses. I believe the consensus is to play and stay near the mountain.

Do you get the feeling Mark doesn't ride Breck much? :rolleyes:

Funny, I was thinking the same thing.

There is no reason to ride Breckenridge when it is surrounded by world class resorts.

The only think going for it is its park, as the rest of it is super flat, and super crowded.

Go somewhere else.

There is no reason to ride Breckenridge when it is surrounded by world class resorts.

The only think going for it is its park, as the rest of it is super flat, and super crowded.

Go somewhere else.

Bum....looking at the trail map for Breck I got a little excited.

I appreciate your honesty Jim you get right to the point, super flat, super crowded and go somewhere else...nice touch. I deal with crowds every time I go to my local hill so I usually leave around 10am. Man, that sucks...........I'm bumm, need to reconsider my options, thanks................go somewhere else, really, that's bad...........damn!

Summit county hasn't got much snow this year yet. I would check the weather and the current base. The snow storms have missed Breck, Keystone, Vail, and Beaver for the most part. Vail has a base of 25" and Breck has a base of 44". The season has been strange. I would check out aspen and other resorts around Colorado and its snow base.

• 2 weeks later...

Based on where you live now. I would guess that you ride snowshoe, blue mnt. and similar areas. Breck will be about 20x better than those areas. You will still have a great time and the crowds there are nothing like back in the east centeral atlantic area, but get to SES if you can.

I've been to CO 4 times. I pretty much HAVE to ride Breck as that's where the free family ski in/out condo is. ( Skiwatch at peak 8 )

I just assumed ALL the resorts were full of idiots and stupid flat transitions that suck to board on.

Our tickets will work at Keystone...I'll have to try and rally the troops to check it out.

Is Keystone that much better? ( I'm aware of the shortbus crew that works there )

What are the selling points?

Breckenridge CAN be good.

There are some fun groomers.

Peak 10, Crystal is the SH!T when the groom and snow is on.

Peak 9, American, Columbia, and Volunteer are some of my fav's for carving.

I hate Peak 8, total GAPER scene.

Thats where the park crowd is.

Peak 7, Pioneer can be good.

Lots of rollers, a little flat for me liking.

So ya, stick to Peak 9 and ride the Beaver Super Chair or the Mercury Super Chair.

Summit Stage runs out of Breck Station.

They do go to Keystone, not sure where else.