Note to New Members ×

Sierra resorts are getting dumped on

Daneille

Daneille,

Nov 20th for Kirkwood! That gives them another month to get everything tuned up. Lots of rocks to cover, so I don't mind having a deep base to start out on.

I look forward to carving some days with you and the other Rose carvers this year. James and Rob meet up with Jim, Rick and I last March during my 40th birthday trip. If your mtn opens early, the Kirkwood crew will have to show up.

---Hugh

Guest Randy S.

The heck with Kirkwood! Danielle has Hardwood carving down pat! :)

Hopefully we'll see you soon Danielle. Boreal will probably open soon. Anybody got a snowmobile we could use to make a few laps somewhere? I plan to get up there on Halloween day to pick up some boots.

Randy

Originally posted by Randy S.

The heck with Kirkwood! Danielle has Hardwood carving down pat! :)

Hopefully we'll see you soon Danielle. Boreal will probably open soon. Anybody got a snowmobile we could use to make a few laps somewhere? I plan to get up there on Halloween day to pick up some boots.

Randy

Dude... Kirkwood is OPENING this weekend... their website says that are giong to open for the weekends (no demo/rental) until November 20th (when they open for real). Maybe we could swing by there on the way down if it's the only place open when we go to Tahoe.

http://www.kirkwood.com/winter.shtml

Oh wait... Boreal is opening Oct 21st as well. That's probably a better option for us... although Surefoot doesn't open until 11AM last I checked. Clearly if we could hiek a first runs at Squaw it would be ideal... but $10 for a half day at Kirkwood doesn't sound too bad (since I have a pass I'll split the day ticket with you).

Guest rick ferguson

Hey . randy- Why would you waste your time at boring hill if any this early, you are a smart guy and know that k-wood get's it deeper than all the rest. Spend your coin wisely! Why jib around with the sacto trash with the raider jacket's. Top to bottom you and me both can run it in secounds!!! Boreal is also a great place to get your car broken into.:)

Guest Randy S.
Originally posted by rick ferguson

Hey . randy- Why would you waste your time at boring hill if any this early, you are a smart guy and know that k-wood get's it deeper than all the rest. Spend your coin wisely! Why jib around with the sacto trash with the raider jacket's. Top to bottom you and me both can run it in secounds!!! Boreal is also a great place to get your car broken into.:)

I'm not going to Boringal again unless someone else is paying, or if there's an important race there. In fact, the only time I did ride there was for a race and I had free tickets from Alpine Meadows. Unfortunately I can't ride this weekend (kids, soccer, etc.). Maybe on Halloween if things work out right. We'll see. I miss riding at K-wood with you guys so I'm going to try to get there once or twice this season.

Good to see you haven't lost your edge Rick.