Note to New Members ×

Here I am!!!

ZetaTre

Hello fellow SoCal'ers...

My name name is Luca and I live in Oceanside.

I was born and raised in Italy, north of Italy... Started skying at the age of 5 and switch to snowboarding when I was 14. I'm 29 now and for the past 15 years I've been riding freestyle boards. But I've always admired the carvers and have now decided to switch to the "Dark Side". For the past 4-5 seasons (3 of which in Cali, where I moved after getting married) I've been practicing carving on the soft board and feel like I've got all I could out of it.

When I was younger I used to do more jumps and tricks but I've now grown out of it, so there's nothing really preventing me from moving to an alpine board.

I'm in the market for a full setup: I've found a boar don sale locally which I'm gonna go check out tonight (it's a Burton Alp 170cm) and if that goes through I'll be looking for bindings and boots (I've actually found a set in the classified section).

Oh, my wife snow boards too, but she's more of the "cafeteria snowboarder": you know, she does a couple of runs, then rests, than tan, then... I've been looking for someone that would enjoy riding non stop up and down up down, but most my friends are beginners, so I'm kinda excited to hook up with you guys.

We mostly do night boarding (Friday and Saturday) either at Big Bear or Mountain High. Hopefully this year we get to go to Mammoth for a couple of days again... But I must admit that when it comes to snowboarding, I really miss the Alps... ehehehe

SC3 :biggthump

Lets all get team jackets with our screen names embroidered on the front! We can have meetings and stuff and and and...Jk i say we all ride...ALOT! and push the cheeze mc steeze jibbers off the edges of the runs! Down with terrain parks! Groomers for everyone! OK I'm done now!

I'm looking for binding and boots so if someone has step-ins I would like to get both boots & bindings from the same person, just so that I don't end up having to chase around a set which would match...

ZetaTre, I do have a pair of boots that are 27.5 mondo which would fit a 10-10.5 foot. The boots are Burton Winds which are step in compatible. I also have a pair of bindings that you can use. They are SnowPro bindings which I have modified to accomodate the Burton 3 hole pattern. The bindings are not step in though, you will have to bend over and flip the toe lever, like old timers did and still do. You are welcome to try these items out. You would have to make arrangements to pick up the items. I have the bindings at home, the boots on the other hand are with Swissracer. I should be able to pick those up from him over the weekend or the beginning of next week.

You will find the carver crowd very generous when it comes to loaning equipment. We only ask that you treat it with the same care that you would use on your own gear. We want more people on the hill carving, you cannot find carving gear rentals so the Bomber crowd comes through and helps people out, in exchange, you need to come hang out with all the SC3 people so we can see who we are loaning equipment too and put a face behind a name.;)

Just so there isn't any confusion, you don't have to purchase the bindings to use them. I am only offering them to use so you can get a taste of alpine snowboarding without the necessary expense to get started. If you like the SnowPros we can talk about purchase later on. It sounds like you are interested in step ins though.

Just so there isn't any confusion, you don't have to purchase the bindings to use them. I am only offering them to use so you can get a taste of alpine snowboarding without the necessary expense to get started. If you like the SnowPros we can talk about purchase later on. It sounds like you are interested in step ins though.

I remember back in the days that step-ins required a special boot (with a special locking plate under the boot). However I've seen some step inst that look like they should would with regular boots. This is what I'm thinking: http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=277814&postcount=1. It looks like it's a step-in mechanism that brings up the front latch, but should work with standard boots.

Is that the kind you have to offer?

Thanks for the offer!!! I guess that if I can't find something by next snowboard trip, I'll borrow yours...

I'm committed to this: I've tried carving boards in the past and liked it. Just gotta get used to the rigidity. I don't have much fun with the soft board anymore as you can carve just so much in it before you boot-out...

Those bindings will indeed work with a ski boot or a hardboot. I have a pair also mounted to a board that is in Idaho. The bindings in the picture are the easy adjust type. The other model is the Race Automat and you don't have one screw adjustment so changing sizes is more diffiicult. I actually like those bindings.

The bindings I have are just a simple toe bail design, load your heel into the rear of the binding, line up your toe, bend over and flip the lever. Do a BOL search for SnowPro and you can see the binding

Luca

Watch the So Cal ride board because late in January we will have a larger get together at Snow Summit on a Sunday. Contrary to popular belief Sundays are not very crowded especially on chair 7 where we mostly ride.

Last Sunday was great, video is here http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=27904&page=2

Hi Luca,

Like many said there is plenty of stuff to go around. Getting good fitting hardboots should be on the top of your list though. If they hurt, it will screw up your ride whatever you strap on to.

You should come to a day that there are a few of us in Snow Summit, I got an Oxbow Worldcup 170 with step-ins you could borrow for fun.

The Burton Alp is not bad to get the hang of it, not as stiff as the FP though which I have also in my collection.

Look forward to seeing you out there. Perhaps Sunday 1/10

FP I guess is Factory Prime...

For the boots I've found a pair of Raichle AF700 from a guy in Toronto. I'm waiting for some additional pix. They are a 10.5. My soft boots are 11 and they fit a little loose so I suspect 10.5 would work fine. If not I'll adjust 'em... He's asking $250 + S&H which sounds to me like a good price, no?

I really appreciate you guys offering to let me try your gears. That's very nice. But personally, I never feel comfortable using other people stuff. It's just the way I am and it's not just for sport gears... But if I can't get a full kit assembled, I'll definitely ask for some help... eheheheh

Also, thanks for the warm welcome guys!!! Now I'm really looking forward to meet you guys.

I have an important test on the 23rd, so I won't be going boarding in the next 2 weekends, but I definitely will on the 24th (Sunday 24th)... I'll keep my eyes open for posts on something going on that day...