Note to New Members ×

January 10th Summit Sunday

Arclite

I need to bring a set of gear down south so I can take day trips to join you guys in the future. I am in LA for the weekend, but have nothing to ride, nor do I have proper clothes for the snow. I think I have enough extra gear (other than boots), to do so. Perhaps next week.

I need to bring a set of gear down south so I can take day trips to join you guys in the future. I am in LA for the weekend, but have nothing to ride, nor do I have proper clothes for the snow. I think I have enough extra gear (other than boots), to do so. Perhaps next week.

We have enough boards and spare bindings to spot you, I'm sure.

I'll be up there.

Oh yeah, and tell your dad, thanks for offering the Tanker, but I think I'll give the Donek FCI a try this time out. It'll be a nice comparison to make once the Coiler comes in on Tuesday. The Donek should have much better edge hold in ice too. So long as the temps don't get too warm and the snow all slushy, then the Donek should be fun if it doesn't hand me my ass first.

Conditions were surprisingly pretty good today. Didn't get too bad until after 2:00. I was late to get up there today (10:00), but it was good from the start. Should be the same for the weekend, or better. As we were leaving, clouds were moving in, and the temps started to drop a little.

Actually, I'm really looking forward to riding the Donek. That board has been a measuring stick for checking how far my skills have progressed. I figure now is as good a time as any to see if anything has changed.

In my head I feel like I've come a little bit further and made some progress in my riding. We'll see if the Donek agrees with that assessment... hahaha

OH yeah, and we can add Aaron to the list too, I'll be giving him a ride up.

Eh, me and that Donek... it's like oil and water. Today was not a good Donek day.

Me: 1

Donek: 6

I can say for certain that when i'm on the Donek, I'll take bullet proof ice over warm conditions. Even slightly wet with some slurp is horrid on that board. Tanker would have handled today's conditions like a champ. I'll chalk it up to 35% gear and 65% rider input, although had I been on the Tanker...

One weekend without it and I already miss it. The Donek is fun, but only for the first 2 hours or so of the day, and only if the temps stay down and don't turn to mashed potatoes