Note to New Members ×

Sidewinders Arrived today

Silver Bullet

pessimist

I'm not even optimistic, I stoked!I'm going to love these, and I see the softness as a plus.:1luvu: I'd like to ride hardboots on my powder board and these will help. I am simply wondering if my size necessitates the stiffer spacer. As I had Bomber expedite the shipment, the instructions for replacing the spacer was not included.

I believe the only thing holding the spacer in is the bail assembly and the little tang on the lower assembly. Just push the bail assembly to one side and you should be able to weasel the epad out and replace it. Then push the assembly the other way and do the same to that side. Fin seemed to say something like that on the "sidewinders unveiled" thread, unless I misunderstood.

I'm close to 200lbs. Perhaps I should put in the other set of cushions. I am assuming these are stiffer?

Use the BLUE E-pads... yellow would be very soft

Unless I'm missing some info... the easiest way to change the epad is to use a c-clamp or vice to compress one side... once you have one out, the other side comes out easily

Unless I'm missing some info... the easiest way to change the epad is to use a c-clamp or vice to compress one side... once you have one out, the other side comes out easily

TVR is right - to change pads you need to compress on side of the block assembly with a c-clamp or vise - can't be done with bare hands or a pair of pliers. when one side is compressed, the other will, allowing the pad to removed - just use a pick tool of some sort to pull the pad out. Once one pad is out, the other side comes out easily. Same for installing - put one in and then compress it to open up the other side. You're prolly gonna have to pull the sole blocks off of the base plate to do it - there may be a way to pull the binding off of the board if you clever, but something has to be disassembled.