Note to New Members ×

Headphone users - what do you listen to while riding?

Guest thomas_m

Guest thomas_m

Do you listens to some hard, cranking rawk to keep you pushing the edge? or maybe some rythmic reggae dub for the flow? classical? opera?

I tend toward the mello but I'm planning on buying a new MP3 player tomorrow and have been thinking about what to fill it with.

T.

hey gecko believe it or not Im friends with TCM...curious what you think about "Legion of Boom"?

me...I like both...music AND the sounds. On icy days I find I ride better if I cant hear the ice:)

Im lookin at an MP3 player too...that Creative Nomad looks gool. I could fit my entire CD collection on that thing!

anyway..headphones...I think its SHURE that makes some high quality in-ears. I had this talk a while back and I forgot the model. I want to check them out tho.

Originally posted by D-Sub

hey gecko believe it or not Im friends with TCM...curious what you think about "Legion of Boom"?

me...I like both...music AND the sounds. On icy days I find I ride better if I cant hear the ice:)

Im lookin at an MP3 player too...that Creative Nomad looks gool. I could fit my entire CD collection on that thing!

anyway..headphones...I think its SHURE that makes some high quality in-ears. I had this talk a while back and I forgot the model. I want to check them out tho.

TCM...Legion of Boom...hummm when I first got it, early from their website, I wasn't so happy with it but it has grown on me...to the point that where it's in high rotation in my IPOD...It's different from Tweekend...

BTW I have all my CD collection on my IPOD...so far 22GB at 128bit

Headphones...last season I did the in ear thing...it worked but my ears hurt at the end of the day...I'm planing on installing a set of headphones speakers in my helmet...I listened to music in a Giro Helmet...that's for me

Hm...I still have headphones attacked to my helmet from last season, so that works fine. I'm currently using a crappy CD-R - Based mp3 player, so only 700 mb/disc :( ... and I can't afford a better mp3 player because moving to Banff is expensive (moving in just 1 week!)

And, considering I have 65GB of mp3s/oggs/etc, 700 MB isn't much. Hell, I've got a lot of artists that have more than 700 MB of stuff...

What I really need is an 80GB player.

As far as my current playlist is concerned, it's pretty varied...Gravity Kills, Stabbing Westward, Hellsing OST, Moonspell, Oomph!, Yuki Kajiura ( .hack//SIGN and Noir soundtracks), Nine Inch Nails, Placebo, Macbeth, Lullacry, Lacrimas Profundere, Evanescence, Das Ich, Devics, Collide, Kidneythieves, Diorama, and quite a few others.

Originally posted by Gecko

TCM...Legion of Boom...hummm when I first got it, early from their website, I wasn't so happy with it but it has grown on me...to the point that where it's in high rotation in my IPOD...It's different from Tweekend...

you know...I felt the same way when Tweekend came out...like it didnt hit like Vegas did...but then it grew on me. I havent bought LoB yet...and dont feel right asking for freebies.

Are you into other breakbeat stuff? Ever heard of Uberzone?

Originally posted by D-Sub

you know...I felt the same way when Tweekend came out...like it didnt hit like Vegas did...but then it grew on me. I havent bought LoB yet...and dont feel right asking for freebies.

Are you into other breakbeat stuff? Ever heard of Uberzone?

No I haven't but after sampling a few tracks at amazon I may

BUT on the lift I do

depends on my mood though punk seems to be a good choice while riding the lift

I like to be able to hear whats going on around me when I am making turns so I hit pause when I get off the lift

my ex has the Burton jacket that has the ipod controls built into it pretty sweet

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2003/jan/07burtonipod.html

I converted my Scott helmet a couple of years ago by using the speakerpiecies of Koss really really good sounding Sportaproos. I use them with my IPOD.

Top ten carvingsongs:

It´s a long way... Bad Religion

Sixty Years Brian Setzter

Surrender Cheap Trick

Love Removal Machine The Cult

Take It Off The Donnas

U.Y.F.S The Hellacopters

Little Know It All Iggy Pop

Life´s A Gas Ramones

Independent Luxury The Soundtrack Of Our Lives

Beautiful Day U2 (for powder days)

Waiting for Snow!

Mats

Originally posted by Gecko

No I haven't but after sampling a few tracks at amazon I may

He's a good friend of mine, and is a very talented producer. Has done some amazing remixes for big names like Sara McLachlan, crystal method, BT

I highly recommend his full length album, too. "Faith in the Future" and the two previous EPs "Space Kadet" and "The Freaks"

those are a bit more club style but still badass

Originally posted by bobdea

BUT on the lift I do

depends on my mood though punk seems to be a good choice while riding the lift

I like to be able to hear whats going on around me when I am making turns so I hit pause when I get off the lift

my ex has the Burton jacket that has the ipod controls built into it pretty sweet

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2003/jan/07burtonipod.html

$500 for a JACKET?

man...burton really is insane. or is it apple? both!

Sony NetMD mp3 player here.

Outkast-MsJackson,Whole World,Rosa Parks,I like the way you move

MorrisDay--Fishnet,JungleLove,777-9311,theBird

2LiveCrew--enuf said

BeastieBoys--mostly from check your head and ill communication

Supreme--BabyLove

Old Dirty Bastard -- got your money

Kellis-- milkshake

Gorillaz

69 boyz --Tootsie Roll

QuadCityDJ--Ride the Train

Miami Vice theme

Blondie -- Rush rush

madness -- our house

talking head -- burning down the house

Wyclef Jean -- Guantanmera,

Fugee -- No woman, no cry

Nelly -- air force,

Killer Mike -- ADIDAS, dragon

Janet Jackson -- Love will never do without, all for you

quiet riot -- mama weer all crazee

def leapard -- rock of ages

Eve -- Satisfaction

Aayliah -- Try again

dead or alive -- spin me round

Benny benassi -- satisfacdtion

bustarhymes -- dangerous, light your ass on fire, make it clap

digital underground -- humpty dumpty

elephant mon -- pon the river pon the bank

en vogue -- wahtever, whattaman, dont let go

sheila E. -- fabulous

jay-z -- change clothes

khia -- my neck my back

J.Lo -- Aint it funny (remix version)

Missy E -- Gossip Folks, get your freak on,

too many to list.

music to keep the mood light when it's sleeting.

like, those people who are acoustic guitar slingers who aren't afraid of drum machines (ie, mary simon, dar and the indigo girls)

and selective music to crank out, melodious techno and hard rock with elements of industrial are especially good when i'm a bit frustrated (powder in WNY responds a lot like ice). (ie, skillet)

and a little ska never hurt anyone. i found that the song "oh canada" (fiveironfrenzy) was at the top of the leader board last year for motivational songs. the really deep lyrics have moved me to seriously consider moving there. ("i want to be where yaks can run free...")

the danish band phenix will have found it's way into my frequent rotation this year. something about bass clarinet, accordion and extensive hand percussion....

thus concludes my pointless contribution to this thread

Guest boogieman

i dont listen to musik when i ride i also like to hear what is going on around me and and it helps me keep my balance or lets just say that if i start to skid i hear it and i react on that faster then i would react on the feeling. i only tried it once i shoud try it again cous i love musik and with the right musik i get all exited and i wanna go down like a rock star just blasting as fast as i can maybe thats another reason why i felt a lot more when i listend to musik.

:)

Guest thomas_m
Originally posted by willywhit

great stuff!!! http://www.theblackkeys.com/albums.php definately worth a listen! I'll be adding them to the playlist for this season. My buddy raved about them and I listened to them on the ipod all the way back from cape hatteras,nc this past weekend.

I dig the Black Keys, have all their stuff. You might also try:

Mofro - jookhouse R&B/Soul from north FL

http://www.mofro.net/

Drive By Truckers - Southern Guitar Rock from No. AL

http://www.drivebytruckers.com/

Different but often a similar vibe, especially Mofro.

T.

Guest thomas_m

thx tom, I'll check 'em out . What did you get for an mp3 player? I'm not an apple guy but I really want an ipod now. These look good for cruising on the kiteboard http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041025/sfm060_1.html

Still agonizing over the choices...

Can't decide whether to get a 512MB flash player like the iRiver or one of the iPod minis. I'm a little concerned aboutthe knocks a HD player takes during a fall and the humidity inside my jacket.

I don't really need hi-volume as I have everything on CD already as well as being spoiled by the sonics of a pretty high-end system at home. The MP3 player would be strictly a snowboarding/grasscutting aid.

T.

this little guy is so small and light it'll hang around your neck from a lanyard. only 128 MB tho

The problem with 128mb players is that it only turns out to be about 2-3 hours of music. My shortest carving playlist is like 5 hours