Note to New Members ×

QUIZ: Can you identify this board?

fishrising

Jack, that was me at ECES with it, but no one had any solid knowledge about the board. Geoff figured out the name right after ECES, and obviously Willy Whit just did. I was hoping some West Coasters or some folks from the other side of the big pond would know...

From what I have gathered it is:

Heavy Tools Lizard

173cm length

19cm waist

9m sidecut

But has anyone ridden one? Or know of the quality of the board, or any other info? Were they popular? I am a relatively new carver and would like to know if this board is something decent...

How about a country of origin?

All in all, I guess it doesn't really matter, because to me its a fun board, and can turn in the NE crowds...just curious about it though...

Yes WillyWhit, that is some of my wine stash, and it is climate controlled by being in my basement...

OK, they're Snow Pro Race binders. If you get to Beantown for some race tunes come taste some wine with us WBCN Wine Club Wine Tasting

Where: Ristorante Fiore, 250 Hanover Street in Boston's Historic North End

When: Wednesday, October 20th 6:00pm - 8:00pm

Transportation: Take the Orange or Green Line to Haymarket. Meter parking is very limited in the North End, but there are many area parking garages.

Join us at Ristorante Fiore to taste over twenty wines, ask questions of our wine experts, and enter to win tickets to see the Boston Celtics.

Must be 21 to attend and must be a WBCN Wine Club member

CLICK HERE to get on the guest list for you and a friend.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

I grew up with a wine cellar in the basement and worked as a wine steward/sommelier at Christy's of Newport, RI during College. Never spit, always swallow....

WillyWhit, yeah they are Snowpros but they are getting replaced with some used TD1 SIs this year.

You would be impressed with some of the wines I have down there. Too bad I only have a bottle or two of most, rather than cases...but some of the tasty ones are...

1995 Brunello di Montalcino

1996 Mount Veeder Cab

1996 Silver Oak Alexander Valley Cab

1996 Cyrus Blend

1997 Duckhorn Merlot

Some really good tasters, at outstanding values...

1997 Estencia Cab

1999 Forest Glen Merlot

2000 Casa Lapostolle Merlot (Chile)

Originally posted by fishrising

Jack, that was me at ECES with it, but no one had any solid knowledge about the board. Geoff figured out the name right after ECES, and obviously Willy Whit just did. I was hoping some West Coasters or some folks from the other side of the big pond would know...

From what I have gathered it is:

Heavy Tools Lizard

173cm length

19cm waist

9m sidecut

But has anyone ridden one? Or know of the quality of the board, or any other info? Were they popular? I am a relatively new carver and would like to know if this board is something decent...

How about a country of origin?

Fishrising, don't know about the Lizard, but I own another Heavy Tools board in that range:

Prince Albert

172 cm length

18.4 waist

9 m sidecut

It's austrian made, so I guess Heavy Tools was an austrian manufacturer (now out of business). I find it a decent board, sandwich construction, well built, and fun to ride.

Fluke

Jim,

I'll bring the foie gras to go along the wine ( not sure how to sneak it through dog sniffing at the customs thu) when I come to a future SES ( you can keep the Yquem for at least 50 years, so I guess it, and I, can wait a bit!)

A collection of old boards is nice too, but less tasty :)

N.