Note to New Members ×

What are you waiting for?

Ray

The new season is almost here (finally) and I assume many of you

did order new toys to play with...

Let's share what you are waiting for (besides snow), or getting

ready to order soon... Board(s), Boots, Bindings or accessories...

Ray

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Randy S.

I'm waiting for head. Er. I'm waiting for the local shop to get their shipment of Stratos boots so I can get mine. Sorry Bomber, I know you carry them, but I gotta support any local shop that is willing to stock carving gear. Even if I have to pay a small premium, the thought of being able to buy boots locally and have them custom-fit by pros is just so appealing. Hopefully it will work well for them so they'll continue stocking some alpine gear for future seasons.

I was hoping to go pick them up this weekend, but alas Head isn't shipping until next week, so it'll have to wait until halloween day.

Oh, and I just got some grubs and e-rings in the mail from yyzcanuck. Thanks Dave.

Boards:

Coiler PR 188 (Replacement for my dead 184)

Coiler AM 180 Custom

Madd 170

OSin 4807 178 (not waiting to get it, just to ride it)

Bindings:

A second set of TD2s and a second board kit (sold my Cateks)

Used F2's and Burtons for powder/rock boards

Boots:

A pair of '02 Head Stratos LTDs brought from Startingate

Originally posted by Mike T

Boards:

Coiler PR 188 (Replacement for my dead 184)

Coiler AM 180 Custom

Madd 170

OSin 4807 178 (not waiting to get it, just to ride it)

Bindings:

A second set of TD2s and a second board kit (sold my Cateks)

Used F2's and Burtons for powder/rock boards

Boots:

A pair of '02 Head Stratos LTDs brought from Startingate

Mike...its really really really lookin like Im gonna be in Bend this winter

I think we're gonna need to hook up, IE you come to bend and bring your quiver:)

we're tryin to get a 3br rental so I can set up my small music studio and we can have a guest room as well. Youd be welcome to stay of course!

me:

Coiler (undecided as of yet)

MADD 170

TF liners for my Suzukas

and a big move to Bend so I can ride bachelor 100+ days this year:)

Guest Mike Ford

getting a bit

-Coiler PR181

-Catek Olympic step-ins

-Set of freestyle bindings, not too sure what yet

-Full Face helmet (for BX) - looks like it's gonna be Grit, supporting the local manufacturer

-Dainesse Body armor (for BX)

-New Bonfire Jacket

-Another set of dakine gloves

-Oakley A-frames

-Yakima box

-More tuning supplies

Man o man would retail kill me :eek:

Nothing on order - Nothing coming - Nothing bought -- except a new liners for my AF600s.

My car I bought off of Ebay a couple of months ago was this years ride.

Pretty happy with my main rides TD2s on - Volkl 178 and Coiler AM 177.

I am thinking the only board I'd like to add is a Prior 181 WCR but we'll see how it demos in Dec.

Nothing new but one classic Madd 158.....

maybe some new gloves too.

Otherwise my other Madd and Doneks have held up nicely for 5 years as does my patagonia outerwear and base wear. My Head s-ltds have been rockin for 4 years now (they get better each season) and my classic bomber step-ins never go out of style.

I got a new (used) 175 Pure Carve Maverick on order, it should be arriving next week.

I have a brand new, just out of the wrapper 178 O'Sin 4807 to try out this year. I bought this board late last season and never saw quality powder to break it in.

Quiver is full, storms are on their way next week :D

Waitin' on a coiler amx 169, my first hardboot board. I'm pretty stoked this year to get to the same comfort level on hardboots I had on softboots. I think once I do that, overall my ability level is going to be quite a bit higher.

Originally posted by D-Sub:

Mike...its really really really lookin like Im gonna be in Bend this winter

I think we're gonna need to hook up, IE you come to bend and bring your quiver

we're tryin to get a 3br rental so I can set up my small music studio and we can have a guest room as well. Youd be welcome to stay of course!

You're gonna like bachelor. I mean, it has it's ups and downs... but on a powder day, the nw express lift absolutely rocks. You should get a board you'll like to ride in the trees, hard, soft, whatever, because that's one of the best things about bachelor.

right on Jason...

hopin the groomers are good, too.

seems to me all hills have their ups and downs. When I lived in steamboat there was a two week or longer period in february when the snow was like concrete...so hard it looked shiny! heh...wasnt too fun compared to the "champagne powder "

:)

I like ridin trees, most definitely...just hope they have good groomers! please say yes:)

lot's of stuff people ordered already...

Many Madd's!

Mike: What Full Face helmet (for BX) are you getting? Looking for a Full Face myself. To bad I can't find the R.E.D. MT1 anymore...

And I tought I was crazy to order another board... :rolleyes:

Originally posted by D-Sub

I like ridin trees, most definitely...just hope they have good groomers! please say yes:) [/b]

They got groomers, a few big wide open runs. Actually, this last year the new ownership seemed to be concentrating on grooming more, they put up grooming scheduals and notices and such on the lifts.

nekdut: Hope we get some snow in Mammoth soon, it's time... 27 days to the opening... ;)

Ahh, just got word that my new toy shipped as well (from Germany) Ordered a VIRUS Terminator Custom...

after I visited the VIRUS facility last month, I had no choice but to get one of these beautiful beasts for myself.

Such art and to perfection handcrafted board was a must for me to have...

Ray

Originally posted by jason_watkins

They got groomers, a few big wide open runs. Actually, this last year the new ownership seemed to be concentrating on grooming more, they put up grooming scheduals and notices and such on the lifts.

thats good to hear. funny thing is...5 years ago I would have been completely unconcerned with that, but...with the new boards on the way and a rekindled love for carving, I want to be able to ride some nice long, wide ones too:)

I met a local guy a few weeks ago who is making boards in his garage (he's got a killer set of tools), so he's making me a 175x19x13m "all mountain express." ETA: a few weeks. I have a new set of TD2 SIs for it already.

Bruce V is going to email me any day now (I hope) to tell me that a 174x17x11.5m all mountain board is coming my way. That'll have Catek Oly SIs with it.

This year I'm finally going to buy the UP(S|Z) boots I've been eyeballing for a while. Haven't actually ordered them, but will soon.

Might get a second pair of skis this season too but I haven't made up my mind yet. Ditto for ski boots. I want a taller boot than I have now. But we'll see.

Anybody want to trade their step-in TD1s for my toe-lever TD1s and twenty bucks?