Note to New Members ×

Looking for a list of good knee surgeons in Seattle

bumpyride

I think I can make it through this season, but I'm not all that sure. Haven't had a MRI yet, though Xray showed no impingements. Just getting ready for late spring visit to a knee doc cause walking isn't getting any easier. Anyone have a good recommendation for Seattle/Tacoma sports knee doc?

I know that usually when I reccomend TGR to people it's a joke, but go over there (www.tetongravity.com) and look in "Gimp Central" - do a search for surgeons in seattle or just look up a guy named Dr. Mark - he's a surgeon in Houston TX and is generally happy to give referrals.

edit: http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=26000&highlight=seattle

I think I can make it through this season, but I'm not all that sure. Haven't had a MRI yet, though Xray showed no impingements. Just getting ready for late spring visit to a knee doc cause walking isn't getting any easier. Anyone have a good recommendation for Seattle/Tacoma sports knee doc?

Try a consult with Perry Chin DC in seattle downtown first. might improve your season and avoid a surgery later. He is an excellent chiropractor. often knee pain is due to misalignment. left unattended the misalignment can cause wear leading to surgery later.:biggthump

I've had 4 different experiences with Chiropractors. None of which have been anything less than Chalatanesque. Wouldn't see one on a bet, but thanks anyway.

I'll check to TGR and see what that brings. In the meantime any referrals to a good sports knee doc would still be appreciated.

four experiences with 4 different ones? which state? I ask because state law in some states attracts the bad ones. yes there are bad ones just like any other profession. Washington has a fairly good chiropractic law and has many fine Chiropractors. Thats not to say there aren't bad ones there as well. I know Doctor Chin personally and would vouch for his professional skill and honor.

no worries tho. If its not your thing I understand. I wouldn't go to an orthopedic unless I had been hit by a truck. I have an 80% tear in my left rotator cuff that is fully healed without surgery and has bench pressed over 400 lbs. the body has an amazing capacity to heal.

hope it works out for you best of luck:biggthump