Note to New Members ×

Td3 leverage on td2 plates?

RicHard

Hello!

I beg your pardon if I don't use the proper words in english but... question is: can I use the TD3 leverage piece on a TD2 base?

I mean: the TD2 leverage raise up the "footstep" of the binding of some cm compared to other bindings' leverage.

(see my old topic http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8651 )

Then I moved to TD2 step-in to solve the problem.

Since the TD3 leverage seems to be more "close" to the boot than the TD2 one, can I buy the TD3 one and mount it on the TD2 bindings?

Thanks a lot,

regards!

RicHard,

Yes, the Td3 toe bail/clip combo works on the TD2 binding. Actually, it will even go down to the TD1! The interface is all the same on all those bindings.

The TD3 Toe Clip is a whole new part based from a new extrusion we had made. It has a longer lever arm and it sits VERY close to the boot now.

Let me know if you have any other questions,

Richard,

From your description it is not totally clear if you are after the TD3 bails (part M and D) only, or bails and toe/heel blocks (F) too?

My understanding is that TD3 blocks (F) will not fir on the TD2 plate ©, as the groves are required under the blocks, to accommodate the shoulder lugs (G).

TD3 bails should fit into TD2 shoulder lugs, but better check with Fin or Michelle.

TD3_STparts_1000.jpg

My understanding is that you want to have the better TD3 lever on your TD2, right? Then I think this is the piece that you need:

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/bindings/parts_toe_clip.cfm

Now one thing also confuses me, this piece comes up under the TD3 parts, but actually it is a TD2 toe clip.

You're right: it seems the one of the TD2 bindings (that I already have).

I would like NOT to have the same lever I'va already got but I would like to have the TD3 one that seems to save some space allowing you to use lower binding angle...

Any clarifications?

Thanks everybody.

Since I should buy the parts from Europe (and I can't give them back in case of wrong purchasing), I would apreciate the final answer from Fin...

I would save space with the TD3 lever/support on my TD2. Which part do I have to order and... in which part of the site, since on the TD3 parts I can see the TD2 leverage?

Thanks a lot,

regards.

RicHard,

Sorry but still not 100% sure what you are trying to do. Let me try this:

You cannot use a TD3 sole block assembly with a TD2 base plate. The TD2 base plate does not have the groves cut int it to clear the Lugs.

Now if all you want is the TD3 Toe clip and bail, yes, those will work on your TD2. As a metter of fact that is all we use now for TD2 replacments. Uou just use all the same lugs and hardware.

RicHard,

Sorry but still not 100% sure what you are trying to do. Let me try this:

You cannot use a TD3 sole block assembly with a TD2 base plate. The TD2 base plate does not have the groves cut int it to clear the Lugs.

Now if all you want is the TD3 Toe clip and bail, yes, those will work on your TD2. As a metter of fact that is all we use now for TD2 replacments. Uou just use all the same lugs and hardware.

Target: I would save the space that the TD2 lever/bail had from the boot (it seems that the TD3 lever/bail is closer to the boot).

Solutions: I can buy just "N" and "M" parts of the TD3 and then use everything else from my TD2 system.

Am I right?

;)

Thanks once again,

regards.