Note to New Members ×

Binding Bling!

Dave Winters

You are a sick man Dave, you even turned the hidden aluminum plate. I love it! :D

Care to post any details on the engine turning? I was looking for info on this a while ago for a little project but couldn't find anything on exactly how it's done. I verified that a hand-held drill with a 1.5" diameter 3M scuff pad doesn't give good results... :(

picture-2.png

24k gold plated baseplate, ratchets, and steel cable all for the limited time price of $1,000 :smashfrea

Flow should advertise these under the tag line "Release your inner poser!"

Seriously I thought this was so ridiculous I had to go verify it on the flow site. The sad thing is they'll probably sell more than a few pairs. And the reality is the the resale value of softboot equipment is so low that selling them used (or even unridden) would probably net you less than the value of the gold that has been plated on it.

Dave

sweet. just SO sweet. I wanted to pick up the maple hole plug and move it back and forth to watch the grain shimmer. My CAD station has a 3D 'spaceball' which I use to do just that with cad geometry. I reached for it and wondered why the photo didn't rotate. Man, was I disapointed!

Did you treat the 'turned' aluminum so it doesn't oxidize and revert to its ugly grey natural state?