Note to New Members ×

Blue Mtn. 09/10 Season

JBS

Put a fork in it, it's done. If we dont get a cold spell, which we arent, season is practically over , unless you dig riding in 8-10" of slop. Can anyone confirm what mornings are like b/c late morning yesterday was just one big slush fest, one run on my lunch break and home.

Where did the season go.

Teach I am still interested in those heels if we ever meet up. I dont have any hurry if you dont, I hope you still have them.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Chubz, Confirmed, Wednesday (3-10-10) it was surprisingly good :D from opening till 10:30 or so. Then started to soften up & get ugly but still rode with Glenn until 12:30-1 PM.

Pray for some Colder Temperatures, or we're done :(. Sorry guys, I even washed my car, it didn't work this time :confused::freak3:

Ice is where all the slush has been pushed off and there is nothing but old base left.

I am told we have enough snow stockpiled that even with the amount of rain we are getting this weekend we will still be able to cover any bare spots for the week. Mornings have been pretty good up until about 11, despite the temperatures.

Blue Mtn will be closed at 5 pm today and not reopen until Sunday morning.

PS: I'll be thinking about you all when I am in Tahoe 3/30-4/2 :D

Chubz,

It's not looking good for Blue Mountain this Friday, can you confirm? For me the season has come to an abrupt end since ECES. I can't complain we got record snow fall at our local resort (Whitetail) with 92 days open. Let me know brother......but if it's soupy, I'm out!!

-loupa

Yea, its been brutal here. Rain rian rain more warm temps. I might scoot out one morning just to get a taste. Friday night is suppose to drop to 32 degrees here in eAston so that would put Blue below 32 in theory, thus freezing this muck up a bit. If that happens that razor blade ice would get tacky sometime midmorning and depneind g on whow quickly the temps rise, the sun and number of skiers and boarders it might hold up.

I will get a peak to see how it goes.

Chubz, I know you're NOT going to believe this but it was great today.:biggthump.

You especially would have like the first 2 hours (very firm). glenn killed me today :eplus2: but I'm going to try again every morning till they close.

Bottom Lodge is Closed until Fri-Sun........

Wed. morning thru noon

On Razor

Cheese grating/glove melting frozen cord until about 10:45 am AND FAST!!!

Slightly loosened about 11 or so but became lightning fast. Fastest I heard this guy had ever seen;)

Softened but one could get some decent carves in, nothing hero though. Had to ride with a bit of wariness, carve in the sun then sketch thru the tree shdows on the right

Paradise seemed to loosen earlier so hit t hat earlier if you go.

Started to Slop

AND

SUNDAY IS THE last DAY at BLUE:barf:

Gman: Yes, definitely tomorrow morning FIRST THING. The caps are to remind me to GET UP.

Chubz and Gman -- Intec heels. I promised a set to Chubz. I thought he'd lost interest, but he said here he's still interested. I do have two sets but I'm thinking I'd like to keep the set I'm currently using. They're less jarring to walk on than the Fintecs. On the other hand, I started using the Fintecs because they're less slippery on ice. If I get time I'll throw the FIntecs on and just bring both sets and you and Chubz can have at 'em.

sorry, I got in really late last night, woke up at 7:30 and just couldn't do it. I will definitely be there tomorrow morning. Gman, maybe I will find you. I'll be wearing a bright blue or a white shirt.

family commitment tomorrow came up :freak3: so I will not be able to make it. guys it was great riding with you today even if the conditions weren't so hot (is that a pun...ha). If I win the lottery I will take everyone down to Chile this summer, but barring that - I will see you guys next season!!!

-Nick