Blue Mtn. 09/10 Season

JBS

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Have you boys been riding on Sundays?? For some reason I have a huge mental block over going to Blue on a weekend so we have been going all the way up to Elk(no crowds and snow has been great the last couple of weeks). So how crowded are Sundays? I would like to ride with you guys-I am in need of some pointers to bump it up a notch!! Anyone riding weekdays?? I am headed up to Maine next week(Sugarloaf) but will be in better shape to hit it hard when I return. Greg-I am in for BMES again-I will make any date work!

Joe

Joe

Good to hear from you.

I will be at Sunday River Mon-Wed and I hear they have been getting dumped on repeatedly, so I will have a powder board in tote.

Sunday are hit and miss, better off shooting for weekday and that varies. I will send you a PM later next week.

No official date for BMES yet, probably last minute decsion

Later

NickG,

Did you line up boots and bindings? I will be up at Blue this Saturday. I can bring along a board for you to ride if you haven't lined up a board yet. If my new stuff comes in by Friday, I will have a set of Catek OS Short plates for you to borrow too. Let me know.

Eric

not sure if the package will be here by saturday, I may run up there anyways though, just for the morning. I think I have enough to work on that I can still manage in the softy setup. I will definitely be there on sunday with some friends. Boots and bindings will be here before a board though, that's for sure. I'll email you when I have more info.

Chubz, I will be at Sugarloaf all next week-we should have great conditions at both Sugarloaf and Sunday River-maybe we can hook up and ride the following week.

Emorris-any chance I could try out those Catek freerides someday?????? I would love to take a run on them before I drop all that $$$$..Any chance you had them mounted on a Donek Incline? with the surf print-I did see a set up like that up at Blue and complimented the rider on his sweet ride 2 plus years ago-maybe it was you!

Joe

Joe

Sure, I'll bring them with me on Saturday. Are you there this Sat? I was going to bring them anyway. NickG may not have his new boots yet and I offer him. Have not heard from him yet. Wasn't me on the Donek. Don't have one and I only started on alpine boards three years ago. I should be getting a Prior 4X4 169 on Friday. Maybe I'll put the FR2's on that for Saturday. If NickG isn't riding it, its yours.

Eric

Eric,

I am headed up to Maine on Sat. for all next week but would like to get together when I get back to try out those Catek Freerides- I would love to throw them on my soft boot board for a test run-Are you only at blue on weekends?? Gets a little to crowded there on Sat. for me but I will suffer through it to ride those bindings!! Thanks for the offer too and congrats on the groomer gromet:biggthump-Maybe someday I will be one too:eek:

One of these days I will get out on a week day. Right now I have to be a good example to the employees. But I did take a week over Christmas at Whistler. So now I have to make up for that.

I am going to be at ECES. You?

Have fun in Maine. We'll hook up after that.

I was only in the low teens at the start of this season, and look at me now!!!:eek:

See below. Maybe this should be posted in the Tech Article section:

:lol:

Your status is based on the number of posts you've made. Just respond with LOL or +1 to a bunch of other people's posts and you'll work your way up the ladder.

I will be at blue tonight on my softies, still not sure when boots will get here. I have my angles up in the 40's I think? Hard to tell b/c my bindings give up trying to tell me what to do after 30degrees hahahaha. I may have ordered a board that is too stiff for me, but we'll see when I get it.

Eric, your sims is 167? Did you start learning on that? how was it?

Nick,

I rode my Burton AMP 5.3 first. But I had no toe lift and my quads were burning. Then I switched to the SIMS 167 and added toe lift. I am guessing that it was the toe lift that helped. I was intimidated by the length first, but it wasn't bad. That's what I have been on since. All of four or five days. Not as intimidating as I thought. It certainly is not a board I would want to take into moguls.

I should have a Prior 4X4 on Saturday. Will you be there on Saturday? You could try that if you want with the FR2's. My FR2's only have 4X4 disks so I can't mount them on the Burton. And the SIMS seems way to narrow. Only 18 wide.

Eric

I will be there on sunday but not saturday - I decided I need to save my dollars for when I have my hard setup. Blue is expensive on the weekends compared to during the week (I can still get the $10 student discount during the week) so it's hard for me to justify going two days in a row. Plus, I might not even have boots by then. We'll meet up eventually, I plan on going every weekend I can/ every thursday I can.

Philly car show is next week, so I might go to that on tuesday or thursday :o

Jesse, I hope it's better than today (actually I don't, because the only way it's going to get any better is with complaints from more than me) their grooming 'vacuums' (nice way of saying it sucks).

Never seen a trail (Challenge) turn to marbles instantly, it usually takes an hour or two. They were grooming it from opening until mid morning & instantly turned to junk. Obviously they are doing something WRONG :confused:

I just wish someone besides me would speak up to management when there is an issue. Plenty of grumbling on the lifts and in the lodge, but the Mountain Manager can't hear it there.

:biggthump Nice riding with Marty & Family, NICE turns !! :biggthump

JP1,

I was there last night (stupid mistake). Temperature change brought out horrible winds, blew literally everything away. I had to stick to paradise b/c it was the only trail with snow on it. Lazy mile, usually crowded but not too bad snow-wise, was literally just ice. Because I'm just getting into hardbooting, the plus side (I always try to find something positive haha) was that I learned that you can carve on ice...it's just terrifying.

I have definitely thought about saying something to management about the grooming...Is it different at other PA mountains? I never go anywhere else.

Nick

JP1 - just remembered this after I posted: last night they closed challenge so that they could make snow on it. Soooo....If they just made snow and freshly groomed it....:AR15firin

I don't know. Just frustrated. I hope sunday will be better