Note to New Members ×

Blue Mtn. 09/10 Season

JBS

Razors: STILL CLOSED :( Nightmare & Dreamweaver :CLOSED (grooming ) :angryfireSwitchback STILL CLOSED (grooming / going on 2 weeks since they stopped blowing snow on it) :freak3:

WTF over, I guess they don't groom at night anymore :mad::angryfire

ICE RAMPS at the Six-Pack Cattle Chute / lift line make it 'more interesting' :confused: Can anyone (the front office :sleep: couldn't) explain??

Time to Seriously consider a season pass somewhere else next season......

:biggthump Good to see a new Alpine Rider (Greg) today, he'll be ripping in no time.:biggthump

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just wondering if there will be any carvers there this weekend (1/16 or 1/17). I am new to carving and it would be cool to meet up with some of you guys.

I'll be out both days, Chubz might be making some turns too. I usually ride 8am till ........... Look for the guy or guys with hardboots.

Jesse

From what I heard

Gimme an "R"

Gimme an "A"

Gimme a "Z"

Gimme an "O"

Gimme another "R"

Whats it spell?

RAZOR

Say it Again

RAZOR

:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

Ridiculous:barf: in a great way, from what I heard;)

I predict stiff razor like cord Sat morning, as long as they use the winch cat and later.

Now that's the Blue-crew I remember hanging with!!!

Glad to hear things are shaping up:biggthump

I would like to come out and ride with you guys next week or weekend.

Jesse,Chubz - when you boys riding next week? I would love to do a weekday. If not I'll come out on the weekend. Let's do it!!!

Emorris

I was out first thing Sat, but left around 11. The crowds were getting a little rough, conditions we not too bad though. Sorry I did not see you.

Sunday on the other hand was another matter. Just had one of those days were I just did not feel it. Variable conditions (just about everything you could imagine from loose sugar, mashed potatoes, small sections scrapped down to the base, etc.) and add that to completely flat light = you better be on your A-game or just be content messing around. Oh well, good thing there is next weekend.

Jesse

First tracks :biggthump to 11 Am, Sweet, best conditions I've seen (in Pa.) all season.

Razor was awesome for 2 hours, Challenge (they knocked off the ice caps) was nice, and the most cosistent :) after Razor's marbled up.

I will see how I feel, been

:barf:

all night

John your turns are getting better, saw you yesterday but limited on time and had to roll, didnt like the mini marbles, loose granular.

Happy for you that Razor was good this morning but I would have been puking thru my full face helmet.

As far as nightmare and challenge, my prediction is that some mogul advocacy group got a hold of Blue mtn mgmt. That three major runs that have bumps and I am sick of it. I might have put the sticks back on this year, but not interested in moguls.

Hope to be out Sat and Sun

Greg, yea I seen you :biggthump:eek: yesterday, waited at the top of Razors (should have known better) that was probably when you left!

Yea, I went in to the office :angryfire last week with a LIST. Now I'm probably on 'the LIST', but :mad: don't really care.

A 'Holiday :angryfireWEEK' for Presidents day IS ridiculous. More $$ for the WEEKDAY season pass and less days to use it, place is a shame, could easily be the best around, but I guess they don't care as long as they Cram'em In on the weekends.......

hey guys,

i think i ran into Chubz yesterday at blue. Finally saw a guy on an alpine setup NOT flying down the mountain so i had to say something. Chubz, thanks again for the pointers, I will be out at blue again tomorrow morning with the girlfriend, hopefully it wont be too crowded/icy (yeah right).

next step is to get the right equipment (i'm on the hardest soft setup i could afford and it's kind of working). i saw someone selling a burton coil 165 in the classifieds - any opinion on this for a 5'9" 145lbs guy?

I live in the swarthmore/media area, if anyone is around there.

ps you guys have a great community here.

does alpine carving mean i have to get rid of my studded leather leg warmers?:freak3:

Nick

That would get you started for cheap but be aware you would need bindings with 3hole patterns in the discs. Most other board are 4 hole pattern. but for $50, deal. also little more to ship from Canada and maybe some delay at customs.

Good tight sidecut radius to start and an AM board, but I dont know specifics on the Coil and how it rides. ask the seller how much he weighs.

Good to see the East PA carver crowd grow.

JBS

Ran into Eric after we split up and went for a couple runs with him. Too much loose granular, meatgates and everything else to stay. Wasnt feeling it and cant imagine Sunday will set for anything decent. Looks like a honey do day for me and football tomorrow.

Eric

Good to meet you today and work on the pencil pinch and elbows. Hope the boots feel better.

Hate weekends more and more at Blue.

What's up guys?

The warm weather and rain turned MC to :barf:

Sounds like you have the same at Blue.

We need a big dump!

We have a hand full planning to head up to Bellearye on Feb 21st Sunday. Flex day $25 ticke, purchase on line and pick up at Potter Brothers right off the exit. No worry about crowds. Especially on Sundays.

Here is the link: http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=28579

Chubz,

Great to meet and ride with you today and thanks for the coaching. I feel like I really made some progress today. I ran into Jesse after I de-canted ( no, I do not have feet that sweaty. I played with the boot cuff canting last night) the boots.

Jesse,

It was also great to meet you and ride with you guys. Thanks for the coaching also. Added on top of what Chubz showed me it really helped. Especially initiating the carve faster and harder. I guess I really need to trust the edge more. I think I'll get there.

I left at about 1:00. My legs were not listening to my head and I started to fall. Thought it best to stop before I got hurt.

I stopped at Buckmans to see about tweaking the boots. Since dave did it the first time last year, he didn't even charge for the hour he spent on the boots today. Now there is no heel lift.

I was standing in there with the board chatting with a guy wh used to rep K2 and Rick saw the board and came over. He' looking for boots and stopped in to get his feet measured. I let him try on my boots. Good thing. The guy in the shop was recommending that he go UP!!! one shell size from his measured 27+ to a 28. Mine are 26-26.5 and they were snug after I addded volume under the liner and behind the heel. He definitely needs a 26.

All in all a cool day. Can't wait to get out there next week!