Note to New Members ×

Blue Mtn. 09/10 Season

JBS

[/b]Well it is official, ole' Blue will be opening on December 17th!!!!

I'm bumming; before the rain this week they had planned to open on the 11th.

I'm almost tempted to run up to JF or CB this weekend to get my fix. If they have any specials I might make the drive. (I just can not justify paying $50 to ride a handful of runs)

Use this thread to post updates, condition reports and ongoing sessions throughout the season.

To start:::: if the opening date is solid I'll be making my first turns on the 18th (have to take a weekend break and spend some quality time with my lady) and then ride the whole week up until X-mass (if my legs can last). If anyone wants to meet up please post.

Prediction # 1 I will have a "reason" to ride my powder board at least twice this year at Blue. This will equal the total number of times I have actually needed a pow board at Blue. It will not be because I broke a binding, like last year. I can still see Greg just looking and my crappy soft setup and just shaking his head in disgust.

Keep thinking snow

See ya in the ruts....

Jesse

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Jesse, Perfect (12-17) timing :eplus2:("I just can not justify paying $50 to ride a handful of runs") I'm with you there bud, that's why I went for the Lovey 4 pak for $119. Of coarse when you add in the Airfare, Rental car & Motel 'it works out about the same':)...........

If Blue is open on the 17th, I'll be there & every other weekday possible until the Holiday Rule goes into effect.

Man they got some 'Big Hills' out here :biggthump:eek:, pretty much east coast conditions so far (and a -43*:eek: with the wind chill yesterday)

jp1

I'll be heading to Blue for first turns on Friday (11th). I don't think much more will be open, but conditions should be a big improvement over Sunday.

Chubz, if you've been out this week post a condition report. I don't know what stick to bring tomorrow.

Jesse

Took a ride to Blue today to get my Season Pass :eek:Glad I don't ride weekends ! Maybe this storm will stall and we'll get about 3' :biggthump :biggthump :biggthump

Anyone have any reports, hoping to be there Monday & Tuesday for 'First Tracks'..............

It's on!!!!! Great conditions this morning. Had one of those days that I had to drag myself off the hill. Main Street was wall to wall goodness (well at least upper Main). Lazy was just that, lazy carves all the way down to a hard, hardpack Falls. The run of the day was Race Way down to Midway; turn, turn, rip, launch, turn, turn, rip launch & repeat :biggthump!!!!

I have a feeling Tuesday will be even better.

Any takers????!!!!!

Had planned on 'first tracks', that turned to 'hit the snooze button' :confused: Thought about baggin it, then thought I'd check the BM Web Cam for being crowded. No Web Cam's on their site :mad: but seen they opened Paradise, effectively doubling the terrain :biggthump open (Lazy Mile & Paradise) as far as I'm concerned. Paradise was as expected for just opening, better than expected :cool: at the top and Death Cookies that got progressively worse to the bottom, with only about 3/4 the trail width covered (no coverage on right side). Lazy Mile was the 'best snow' I found (didn't bother with Main Street) but was crowded :freak3:(I'm spoiled after having my own trail for 2 days @ Lovey) :D

Overall, it was BETTER than I anticipated :biggthump. They had the 'Guns Blaring' all morning (probably trying for maximum coverage for the Holiday Crowds).

I packed it in when some Yahoo, who probably couldn't make a turn, came within 6" of the nose of my board at Mach 10, pumping his hands in the air & screaming like the idiot he obviously IS.

First Tracks tomorrow from Base Lodge :D gotta get there early and be back to work (after having 2 1/2 weeks off) in the afternoon :(.

Jesse, "I have a feeling Tuesday will be even better. Any takers????!!!!!" I WILL be there, for First Tracks ! jp1

All I have to say about conditions this morning is :D !!!!!!!

Nice turns JP, I had fun riding with you again.

Chubz, you better have a good excuse for not showing up today.

Now will I have legs left for tomorrow or should I save them for X-Mass eve.

JBS out.....

SWEET :biggthump...Nightmare/ Dream Weaver is going to be another sweet trail. The new Cable Cat does a reeeal nice job with the steeps !!

JBS 'forced' me to try Nightmare (dang I should have hit it first thing in morning!) and it was sweet at the top, then Death Cookies all the way down Dream Weaver.

Jesse was :) :) ear to ear and 'layin some :eek: down', just having FUN, always fun to ride with and admire :biggthump :biggthump.

Please Mother Nature, we've been good :D keep the rain and let us have some snow (Santa needs it for his sleigh :D)

Happy Holidays to ALL ........

I do, but turns were in my head.

Yesterday was good and today was good with patches of ice. The new trail opened, it will be great for hoots and hollers, bigger show off line than mid-Razor. Paradise and Lazy have been my favs, but looking for some steep.

Only got 4 runs becuase last minute shopping and 20 minute waits in high speed six.

So much for VIP line for seaon pass holders. took longer standing in that line than any other.

No more days until next year. Heading to the burgh.

Enjoy, the rest of the mountain should be open by Saturday.

kinpa, Thanks for the link :biggthump. I passed it along to some friends, hopefully one of them will get a deal.

I have a weekday pass (no good for holidays, like this WEEK & weekends) does anyone know how bad the 'wet stuff' affected coverage?

Are you sure Ma Nature isn't a guy :confused: she's 'such a -rick' :mad:

wellllll (JBS) :confused:....... Pretty sad when I sit here waitng for a BM 'holiday report' or Fin's 'Part 2 @ Keystone' on New Years Eve :freak3:.

I can't believe they haven't opened Sidewinder or Razor's, I'm just hoping it stays below freezing :rolleyes: for the next 3 months :D.

New Year's eve morning was a slow drive to the mountain. Conditions we not great for hard carving, but was fun for just tooling around. Ran into a couple Yardley bros and may a few runs with them. The Yardley clan will be heading up to ECES, I forgot to ask it Mike would be joining them. ECES looks to be quite the shin dig.

New Year's day was a carver's paradise (for the first two hours at least). Trails were empty, wall to wall groom and that magical stuff they call hero snow. Challenge was sweeettttt for the first hour and then ran Raceway/Midway/Main the rest of the session. Opened a 2/3 wide Razor at 10am and it was almost as bad as last years opening. The cookie monster would have loved it though! Funning thing that happened is that they closed it at 11 and started grooming again. Way to go Blue, that must be a first.

Happy New Year!!!!!!!

Jesse

I was with Mike today. There will be four HB at ECES and one SB. We'll be there Wed through Fri. I tried to get Mike to head to Blue tomorrow (Saturday) but it didn't work out. I'll be there at opening tomorrow with my son. If you're there, look for the guy with a big grin riding the new Coiler. Tony

Saturday and Sunday both had great conditions. I think I've road Challenge more this year than all of last year combined. Maybe its a combination of the new winch cat and all the blow over snow from Sidewinder, whatever it is keep it up. I did 9 out of my 10 runs on Challenge today. After grinding out headwall to headwall and riding 4 days staight my legs were cooked. Called it a day early, but still left with a big grin on my face.

Enjoy the empty slopes this week guys. Hope to see someone out next weekend.

Jesse

From what I heard;)

Main Street:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump

Razor:o marbles as john said, with some bits of hope

Nightmare to dream weaver:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump such a great rhythm (sp?) section

Challenge is half mogul field.

Switchback:biggthump:biggthump:biggthump. Better today than all season last year.

All enough to make one grin

I get a sense that challenge might be the new mogul slope and leave main street open and smooth, nice!!!!!!

They puffed up the Big air bag (BAB), looks to be a cool experience.

John, I heard someone kept trying to catch you but they didnt hook up and then you were gone.

Razor was closed (blowing snow) yesterday and the Piles sat there today untouched :(. I hope it don't sit there 'untouched' for over a week :mad: like Sidewinder did (They were actually working on Sidewinder the past 2 days)! 1/2 bumps on top of Challenge. As usual everything starts to marble up after the first 1-2 hrs, but was sweet early :biggthump.