Note to New Members ×

Need help choosing some plate bindings

Bullwings

So, i've been riding TD2s since 2006. Last season, I got a second board kit with the TD3 base plates (yellow ring).

I"ve been riding all my boards with one set of bindings, and i'm kind of tired of it. I do have two board kits now, but after riding the TD3 base/elastomer plates, I don't think I can go back to the TD2s. They're too stiff for me.

I weigh around 145 lbs.

So, I'm looking for a second set of bindings. I plan to use them for all mountain applications. Carving is great, but I don't want super stiff and would rather have something more versatile and forgiving.

I'm looking at these 3 or 4 options:

-Ibex Speed TC (sold here at bomber)

-F2 race titanium

-Another TD3 second board kit (this is probably at the bottom of the list)

-Snowpros (how's parts support for this if something breaks?)

Specifically, I'm planning on using these bindings on an all mountain-ish Coiler (23cm waist).

-Ibex Speed TC (sold here at bomber)

-F2 race titanium

Rode them both. Ibex was called Burton then. Never broke something of this bailbreaker (Burton). I was almost at the same weight. I am heavier now. The F2 is more rigid than the Ibex. Should go for the Ibex. Forgiving binding.

I certainly would go with secon board kit :biggthump

Or hey, that is how i've done, i have 5 sets of 2n board kits and it makes life so easy. Putting bindings to board goes quickly and they dont eat much space when traveling or storaging.

I used to have F2 set on each board but that came costly and space taking so i took my current way.

Get the F2 Race Titanium.

I also dropped the TD2's because they were too stiff. And the other thing I hated about the TD2 was the floppy back bail.

When you buy the F2, get the standard bails. The bonus will be that we can easily swap boards :biggthump

I really want to try out your upcoming Coiler VSR.

I can loan you a pair of ProFlex bindings, which feel very similar to the F2 Race bindings. The ProFlex are a little more flexible. ProFlex was the precursor to the F2 Race. I have both and prefer the F2 Race, just because it looks sturdier; ride wise, I can't really tell the difference.

The F2/ProFlex are the easiest bindings for adjusting to different boot sizes, but the canting options are very limited. Since I don't use cants, that's not a problem for me.

I'll throw in a vote for the F2's as well. I have a set of Carve RS's, and they're super all mountain bindings - easy and forgiving ride, and I love the flex when I'm all over the mountain all day. Those live on my Axxess, and I have an old set of F2 Race on my Madd BX (although I'm about to throw a set of X-Bones on there).

I'm leaning seriously toward getting rid of my TDs altogether and running my dedicated groomer board with Race Titaniums. At 150lb I just like the F2 ride so much better.

Thanks for the input everyone. As for those of you that don't like your TDs, the TD3 elastomer feels so much better than the TD2s.

I won't ride my TD2 bases anymore, but I still like the TD3. The only reason for me getting something else is that I want to try something else. At my weight and riding skill, I don't think I have to worry about Ibex (burton race plates) or F2 bindings exploding or anything like that.

I'm not considering Cateks, because the interface seems very similar to TDs except with horrible customer support and service (no thanks).

Anyway, it seems like oldvolvosrule has some Burton race plates that I can try out, so i'll see how that works out.

I like ibex/burton better than snopros.

f2s are FINE too, probably better than burton and intec option is a plus.

I like phiokkas a lot but they break a lot I guess. I have not broken any but I have only put 10 or so days on mine.

at the end of the day though I have been coming back to td2 and 3 over and over again.

Thanks for the input everyone. As for those of you that don't like your TDs, the TD3 elastomer feels so much better than the TD2s.

I won't ride my TD2 bases anymore, but I still like the TD3. The only reason for me getting something else is that I want to try something else. At my weight and riding skill, I don't think I have to worry about Ibex (burton race plates) or F2 bindings exploding or anything like that.

You could always add a suspension kit (or two) to your TD2s. It will provide a pretty similar feel to TD3s.

I know you're all talking about intecs and stuff, but I'm a standard bails kind of person.

My TD2.5s use regular bails. The next set of bindings that I plan on buying will also be bails only.

Sure, the step in stuff with intecs is nice, but it's not that much extra work flipping a bail over my boot.

Sure, the step in stuff with intecs is nice, but it's not that much extra work flipping a bail over my boot.

Step in isn't only about convenience. Another big factor is that you don't have that toe bail sticking out further than the edge. You can actually back off stance angles a few additional degrees by using step ins.

Ink

Step in isn't only about convenience. Another big factor is that you don't have that toe bail sticking out further than the edge. You can actually back off stance angles a few additional degrees by using step ins.

Ink

True, but they're also stiffer (or so they say, never been on it), which is what I'm trying to avoid, hence the move to either Ibex/burtons or F2s, but also because I just want try something new. I'm pretty happy with the TD3 base overall, but all I have for a comparison are TD2s.

Hey, don't waste all those 2nd board kits! Just find few suspension kits, feeling is just about the same. Or, just buy TD3 yellow elastomers, cut 4mm thick spacer disks, out of alu or cutting board, to add under your TD2 center disks, and you are good to go.