Note to New Members ×

Snow Summit update

Terryw

Things looked pretty sparse up on the slopes this weekend. But they are blowing snow every chance they get. We were actually training under a snow blower in the beginner area on Sunday. Just a little cold. With the Santa Anna's blowing, humidity drops dramatically and allows much more snow making. They blew pretty much all night last night. A couple more days of this and they should be able to open. I think they are trying to open for this coming weekend. Keep your fingers crossed :biggthump.

If I hear anything from the grapevine, I will let you all know.

The surf is looking good for the long holiday weekend, so my first day at Summit will probably be Dec. 6. Hopefully the Santa Ana's will keep blowing and we'll have good conditions for the start of Dec.

Terry, your John Handey quote got made into a couple of movies: Battle for Terra and Avatar.

The surf is looking good for the long holiday weekend, so my first day at Summit will probably be Dec. 6. Hopefully the Santa Ana's will keep blowing and we'll have good conditions for the start of Dec.

Terry, your John Handey quote got made into a couple of movies: Battle for Terra and Avatar.

Andrea and I should be there.

Terry, whats the base like?

I don't plan on risking a virus.