Note to New Members ×

Anyone wear bibs? Model?

Guest thomas_m

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thomas,

If you're going to stop up at MEC in VanCouver, you should really stop at a shop called Taiga. You can see the Bibs online at taigadirect.com. The price is in Canadian Dollars, and it's an outstanding product. Had a pair for years. They're considerably more resonable than even MEC. Here's the description of them from the manufacturer, and you can even buy them in different lengths. Not in anyway affliated with the folks, and for most other stuff I buy at MEC, but for gore-tex and fleece clothing, these are the people to see.

Avalanche Bibs

Made for the extremes. Your ticket to ‘powder paradise’ ...

The most advanced bib pants anywhere!

High-waisted ‘bib’ design keeps out the powder.

Full-length, sealed, weatherproof side zips will not freeze up. Legs separate for ease of use.

Ingenious ‘Drop-Seat’ design allows hassle-free opening of backside & crotch.

3 pockets (all zippered).

Zippered fly.

Flared ankles fit over ski & snowboard boots.

Ankles and calves adjust with dual Velcro® tabs.

Adjustable internal snow cuffs are elasticized & separating.

Articulated/contoured knees for freedom of movement.

Elasticized back. Adjustable Velcro® side closures at waist.

Highly functional, Velcro®-adjustable suspenders.

3L Gore-Tex¨/2.8-oz. Supplex® nylon, 160D Cordura® at seat & knees. 500D Cordura® ankle patches.

Approved as Engineered For Extreme Wet Weather®.

870g (M30).

Black.

11 sizes (waist-inseam): S-27, 29, 31; M-28, 30, 32; L-29, 31, 33; XL-31, 33.

$259.50

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Home |

Guest thomas_m

Thanks for the tip. The Taiga's look very cool. I like the cordura on knees and butt 'cause since this is only my second season carving, that's where I spend a lot of time, sliding on my butt...

T.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's just because I'm a single and in my 20s, but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing a bib (unless they've changed drastically since the 90s). To be fair, however, I'll check out a link to see what they look like these days.

snowboard pants are very comfortable and they don't have to be baggy. I realize that some of you may wear the jeans and sportjacket outfit or short sleeve button down collared shirts to work, and this disturbs me =).

---

Barry