Note to New Members ×

Gauging the Revolution

scrapster

With the inception of metal carving boards, what will you do with your glass boards?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. With the inception of metal carving boards, what will you do with your glass boards?

• Don't have a metal board, so glass is it!
    • I own metal but will still use glass regularly and enjoy it.
    • Active retirement -- rock board, powder or loaner duty calls!
    • Am selling them off or using them as decoration, furniture or collectibles.
    • I'm cutting edge and only own metal.

Won't have a metal board for at least 5 years or so but look forward to seeing what it's like. Post more used boards. I've got 300 dollars burning a hole in my pocket! :lol::lol::lol:

Edit: Won't consider anything with a -20cm waist.

you can get a used metal deck for that king crimson has gotten two boards for less than 300, both metal beasts.

you can get a used metal deck for that king crimson has gotten two boards for less than 300, both metal beasts.

Show me where and I'm buying. I keep looking on here but the the widths are all way too narrow for my foot. I need 21 or wider otherwise I'm squallin". Seriously, got 300 for a new board, you lead the way Obiwan.

By the way, I made a joke about you on another link, please don't get mad. Or Madd... pun intended.

I'll let you know if I sell anything.

one came from me and the other came from Bruce V himself.

watch the classifieds like a hawk, wheel and deal.

what size foot you rockin'?

I hear you though, I'm riding 20 cm boards too in a 285 boot.

Ok, so I am the proud new owner of this Madd 170 via big canuck. I have to know what the original owner was thinking when "the Cornholer" was put on this board? Anybody willing to stand up and admit to its origin and what it means, so when I get asked in the liftline I can have a reasonable answer......

That board is going to become a legend here! I'd second the sticker suggestion. OR, go with BlueB's idea that it says "The Cornholes" which does appear to be a legit surf spot in SF. Still, I'd be prepared to get some questions and funny looks.

I'll let you know if I sell anything.

one came from me and the other came from Bruce V himself.

watch the classifieds like a hawk, wheel and deal.

what size foot you rockin'?

I hear you though, I'm riding 20 cm boards too in a 285 boot.

I watch as much as I can, usually by the time I see one it's gone. I sport a 12 us / 46 eur size foot so need the width. I try to watch eBay too, but things tend to go crazy in the last hour of bidding and what was a 150 dollar board goes up to 350/400 real quick. If you want to get rid of something with about a 12 scr in the 170-175 range let me know.

photodad, I do have a tanker wide for softboot pleasures. 268 waist turns GS board size but is a softboot ride. not what you're looking for though..... you want a good hardboot setup.

as for the madd, as jack said the cornholer is what it says if you ask me. all the boards had dirty names. mine was the fornicator.

Picked up a used metal board with a constant sidecut and no decambered anything. It's like most "new" things, it's flat out easier to ride. Goes faster, goes slower, turns easier, holds better, seems smoother. The latest variable sidecuts and rockers probably make them even better. It's not going to make the earth spin a different direction....but it's put my glass boards into "active" retirement for sure.