Note to New Members ×

Bomber chatroom?

kamran

Guest stoked

what came up in my mind was an option to instant message other online users ... like you see that list of other users that are logged in and sometimes it's someone you know and you could instant message him with a little window popping up for private conversation like in the old days of Napster and of course a general chat would be cool too ...

But private message is different than chat room, it is like boards internal email system, but chat room is more for real time typing between parties. But this will easily generate quite alot bandwidth, specially if there is lots of folks and lots of usage.

We have both in use and they really are for different kind usage.

PM's for more serious , private question or issues and chat is more daily chit-chat :D

I was hoping for a real time and a "real" chat room (maybe java based)/voice activated. It maybe loaded on this site if moderators would be willing to allow it. It doesn't have to run all the time, but maybe monday night(or any other night) once or twice a week for a limited 1 or 2 hours.

Alternatively, it could be simply created on sites such as yahoo or paltalk.com with a link on BOL indicating time and day of the carving chat session.

On those sites (yahoo.paltalk) you can find chatrooms dedicated to sports/politics/movies/fashion,...etc.

So, why not a carvers room?

• 3 months later...

I see that Bomber does have a Private Message feature, but I can't figure it out? Does anyone know if it works or what the deal is with it? Whenever I tried to get to it, it says something like "Administrator has disabled this service."

I think it'd be great to have some kind of private message thing..

Kathy

Originally posted by kinpa

I see that Bomber does have a Private Message feature, but I can't figure it out? Does anyone know if it works or what the deal is with it? Whenever I tried to get to it, it says something like "Administrator has disabled this service."

I think it'd be great to have some kind of private message thing..

Kathy

Fin has deactivated the PM feature on the forum. I think he did it because on some other forums, some people would not check the PM as often as theyu checked the forum so it created misunderstandings. This is if I remeber correctly.

Uldis,

that would work too.

I started this thread a long time ago and it seems like there are some people interested in a carving chatroom (even for maybe one or two days a week). We just need someone to put it up. I also noticed that there are many sport and nonsport permanent rooms at paltalk (www.paltalk.com).

Anyhow, many ways to set this up, but it'd really be cool if that would also have a link from this forum, so that you could be directed to the room. But I guess that's up to interest and willingness of this forum's moderators and so far there is none.