Note to New Members ×

205 mph ticket, can you beat it?

outsider

Since I started this, here we go:

Car....'95 Ferrari F512M....140mph

'97 C5 Vette....125mph

Boat...as driver...37' Outerlimits 92mph

as passenger....42' Outerlimits w/ twin 1450hp engines....120mph

Mt. Bike....50mph...down a mine road between Park City/Deer Valley.

Funny thing is the mt. bike was the hairiest white knuckle experience!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'99 ws6 convertible firebird 135

schwinn roadbike 46, in silly curvey mountain road, ended up in the wrong lane. woops!

mtn bike 30

agreed that anything above 40 on a bicycle is white knuckle scary. dunno how they manage 70 in the tour.

124mph freefall

~15-20mph windsurfing? working on improving that one

Originally posted by Bob Jenney

Honestly though? I'd rather make turns all day on all of the above than go for top speed.

BINGO! :cool:

Car: 140mph @ Watkins Glen

Road Bicycle: 42mph (those darned stop signs cause me problems.) And I echo the white knuckle sentiment for bicycles!

Mountain bike: probably no faster than 35 on a hard tail

Ski: 65mph free-racing

Snowboard: Heh ... guestimate 25-30mph tops.

Longboard: Can I bragg about ~10mph? :D

My 1980 280SL Mercedes- 130mph

My 1998 C5 Corvette 135mph

A while back - my 1968 fuggly red beat up Chevy Suburban 4X4 4 speed manual tranny, which I installed a LT1 350 motor - 120mph - it was quite a sleeper.

Funny thing about the Red C5, which I bought new, is about a week after I picked it up I was driving home one night on I-90 going about 70 mph in a 60 zone and all the sudden there was blue flashing lights in my rear view mirror. I pull over and wait for the guy to come to the window. He was a sharply dressed younger WSP smiling "How you doing?" I said "Fine , it is a nice night for a drive" He said back" Gotcha clocked doing 70 back there, which is not too bad in a car like this!" I said with a smile " thanks" He then said " I wanted to be sure it wasn't stolen, plus I haven't seen one of these yet and just wanted to take a look at it up close, have a good night"

Snowboard: No idea, but it sure did feel fast :)

Bike: Slow because I'm so out of shape. I doubt I've ever broken 30 since I don't have a road bike

Golf cart: I don't know how fast I was going, but the cop who pulled me over thought it was too fast.

Car: Somewhere over 170. The speedo on the B5 S4s stops at 170 and the car doesn't gear out until 185mph. The revs were at about 6800 in 6th, redline is 7100. Needless to say, the car wasn't exactly stock.

Originally posted by ARCrider

99.1 kph, very disappointed to not get over 100k

wife was on the back and the posted limit was 80k

So, just what happens if we get pulled over for speeding on a bicycle? When I did 42, it was in a curvy 25mph zone.

Officer: Why didn't you stop when I put on the siren?

Me: Do you have any idea how long it takes to stop a bicycle from that speed?? :D

55 on my road bike down 24th in east bellevue towards lake samamish in a 25 mph zone. thought the manhole cover was gonna take me out. about 45 down Innis Arden in north Seattle when my buddies frame pump fell off and blew my rear tire. amost ruined my cleats using my shoes for outriggers while looking for something soft to land in while taking oncomming. stopped about a foot short of the beckoning laurel hedge. older and wiser now. only got the RF 900 up to 135 and not even close to redline.

Originally posted by Bob Jenney

Never got a speeding ticket on a bicycle, but I did get one for riding on the sidewalk when I lived in Portland, OR. $15.

I vividly remember it's like $50 in Cambridge, MA - a friend's roommate got stopped around midnight for bicycling on the sidewalk, tried to plead ignorance, conceded, received his ticket and started to walk away... when he saw that it was a full $50 fine and then proceded to give the officer a "piece of his mind" referring to two farm animals and some bodily functions.

... and so my friend end up having to bail him out of jail at 4AMish (took a while for him to get booked and processed and stuff) and so he was late/missed (I can't remember anymore but I remember the fine amount due to my friend's humorous dramatized re-enactment) our 5AM meetup to drive up to Sunday River for a daytrip.

C5 Golfer would like this.

The fastest speeding ticket that I got was with a friend of mine after we left a bar (thankfully after only one beer) in about 1975-6. He was in his 911T Porsche with me following in my ’68 El Camino with the 365 HP 327. I know it may be hard for some of you to believe but he ended up having to draft me to stay up after I crept by him on the freeway. My speedometer was too far past to register but he said that his was a bit past 135 (top of his speedo). We did not get pulled over until we made an exit to get some food on the way home as my friend was having a flat tire. We had no idea that we were being chased. Any way we were lucky that the police were in a good mood and only wrote us for “in excess of 90 MPH in a 65”. However we still had to make the mandatory appearance at the jail that night and had to pay the toe bill.

The top speed that I have registered on my mountain bike was 54 MPH, down hill of course, slight tail wind, and rapidly cooling air temps. That was about 6-8 MPH over the norm on this particular road. So favorable conditions can make a difference.

I'll probably post the slowest highest speeds here:

Car (1992 Mazda 323, 83 HP):

fastest: 150 km/h (I think it can do more)

ticket: cop said 130 km/h when driving 140 km/h in a 100 km/h zone, ~150$CAN

Bike (mountain bike with road tires)

fastest on my computer now: 66 km/h

Derf

ya'll sound like you can't get away with anything. last time i drove by chicago on 94 where its 55mph i found someone to fallow that was doing about 70 at the time. i don't think he wanted me fallowing him because he just kept speeding up and so we went most of the way through that section of road at 125. it was so nice because usually that section of road is crammed full of cars, thats the fastest i've ever gotten by chicago.

might have been me. i have a friend that lives at one entrance, and my house is at the next entrance, so if the highway's clear then that stretch becomes my own personal dragstrip. (around 11:00 pm the edens empties out, and around 2 or 3 it is just shy of being empty)

could have been you, but there was some traffic we had to work through, it was just spread out enough that we never had to slow down. and it was about 8pm i think. anyways, it was in an intrepid, those things are really smooth on the road at any speed it was kinda nice.

Guest thomas_m

250kph (156mph) at 7:00AM on a Sunday - middle of the I-90 bridge across Lake Washington in my former '81 930 Turbo. IIRC, the previous owner had it up to 176mph on his home track in WI (he builds racecars for a living).

This one had a RUF 5-speed(stock 5speeds didn't start unitl '86) that was geared very long. I usually shifted into 5th at about 100mph to cruise at medium RPM's. Totally unusable at normal speeds - as was that car in general. My wife refused to drive it and later to even ride in it after I jumped on the boost when she wasn't expecting it one day. The screams... LOL

T.

Guest Ghostrider

I love 930 turbos! One of my all-time favorites

I'll never forget my first boost experience. When you hear that turbo start sucking air, you better hang on. Great ride!!