Note to New Members ×

Anyone from MADD read this board??

Bobby Buggs

If so can we get ANY updates?? I dont care if you tell me the boards wont be here until march but tell me something. Since I deal with over seas production I know how difficult communication and shipping/ customs can be. At this point if the boards were done and sent by boat we are atleast 30 days from customs. That puts us in November :eek:

the carving thing is not overrated you just dont have the passion for it like I do do not have it for skiing

as for a update this is what I got this morning

Bob,

Look today for the email about structure and tune options.

The topsheet is going to be a big surprise to all of us (including me). Our pole placed 3 contenders very close so we sent them all and asked the guys in Italy to choose the one that would look best on the board.

Regardless of the topsheet, you will have a rippen' board that looks and feels like no other. I can't wait!!!

Cheri

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

I just got a newsletter from Madd. Boards due end of October.

Newsletter? I haven't gotten it. I haven't gotten a newsletter since May/June. Has anyone else been getting newsletters? I used to be on the list... lol, did they remove me? Seems like Madd only bothers to email people they like (John G, Jack M, Shred G, etc) ;)

Maybe Yahoo is just taking a long time...

I got the newsletter. I don't need my board this summer. I want a sweet tune. I never really cared about the topsheet, as long as it doesnt affect the ride. I don't think that BOL is the place to complain about MADD. they can be contacted through the website. I need new boots. I am thinking olympic SIs. I can smell the snow. It is coming. I still love my skis. Not to mention my teleboard. I can carve in soft boots. Anyone wnat to renew the foward stance neutral stance argument?

-Noah

You have no idea what complaining is if you consider my posts complaints. I am not a big fan of internet Flame sessions nor am I a Key board Cowboy. I have E-mailed Shaggy but have yet to hear anything.

Alex, I have a Evil Sports Hoodie for you. I dont think you will be seeing me at Stratton much if any this season. Could not resist the Deal at MT Snow for $350. If someone calls with some tics I might go but only on a weekday. I am not worth over 5 million and Stratton has made it clear that us peeps below the 5mil mark are not what they are looking for. Maybe when I sell the Evil Sports name I will have the $$ to qualify.

Brian?? hehehe:cool:

I got the newsletter now. Yay! I'll be going for the structure, tune and TD2 step-ins with intec heels. Will they be selling them with the longer screws or do we still need to buy that ourselves? Wow... there are lots of accessories you could get, they really should have told us about these early to keep us occupied!

Customer - "I want my board!!!"

Madd - "Errr... how about this discount on bindings...?"

Customer - "I want my... ooooh... shiny new bindings... "

:D

Originally posted by ncermak

I don't think that BOL is the place to complain about MADD. they can be contacted through the website.?

For anyone who has read all the previous posts. I'm just summarizing what has been said about Madd since it appears Noah doesn't quite know all the facts (hasn't been reading all the posts). So there is no point to reading past this point as I'm just rehashing my experiences and the experience of others.

I warned you.

That was the problem Noah - Madd almost never replies to individual emails... unless you are "important" (apparently JG, JM and Shred never have problems getting replies) or if you make some public noise about it on BOL.

Like I asked them about the topsheet question... no answer after. I posted a thread on BOL with a poll and then went back to them... then they answer with a "thanks for replying... we will get back to you in a few days." That was 3 months ago. I sent three more emails:

1) One was a follow-up about the topsheet 2 weeks later. No reply.

2) The second was a inquiry about making a separate purchase a week after that. I got a reply within 24 hours.

3) The third was asking about where would I be able to find the longer screws for my bindings (if you give me the part description I can find it in Home Depot, but I'm not a mechanical guru). No reply for about 2 months.

It's hard to judge, but from reading the posts, I think I counted at least 4-5 people (not counting myself) who sent out email to Madd that was completely ignored like me. Or only got a reply after complaining on BOL about it. I think nearly all of the "complaints" you have seen wouldn't have appeared if Madd actually replied to emails and we didn't have to use BOL to cause enough bad publicity for them to "handle" us.

Again, overall... I think Madd is doing ok... but they are just seriously terrible at customer relations.

Originally posted by Jack Michaud

what an amazing job Shaggy did tuning the boards at the ECES this year. Like night and day to a regular joey 0/0 tune. Glad to see his services listed as an option!!

One question... so if I get the structure option, the edges are done as well. So then is the "tune and brush" merely a very very good wax job? How important is a triple hot wax scrap on a brand new base (not much crap to scrape out). And brushing as well... I have an iron and wax and "brush" pad. I'm semi-competent in waxing my own boards... will I notice that much difference? I mean I definitely don't need the speed... is there something else I'm missing?

Thanks.

hey guys having a long day at work and decided to blow off steam at all of your expense...

nevertheless...I agree that the communication has been poor, I guess I'm just very patient and not too concerned with the details. Furthermore they did get back to me promptly with my one question.

and I think I got sick of reading the same thing over and over again.

Originally posted by Bob Jenney

While I can’t really speak for Shaggy’s tunes, knowing him I’m sure they are way better than any tune from most all shops.

With that said, Mike’s tunes include the base grind and structure. You can choose the base/edge bevel when Mike does the initial tune. If you don’t make a choice, he is most likely to give you a 1 degree base and 2 degree side.

I’ve talked about his tunes and how to maintain them many times here.

Check out this thread. http://www.bomberonline.com/VBulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2646&highlight=tunes

I’ll give Mike a call and ask him to check in here so he can speak for himself.

Huh.... The waxWhizard looks interesting and most importantly idiot-proof. Sounds like a good investment for my new Madd as I'm currently making do with my thrift store iron. So just to make sure... you don't do hot scrapes with the waxWhizard?

Originally posted by Bob Jenney

No hot wax. Just rub on, use the waxwhizard to burnish in and lightly brush out to open up the structure.

Do this before each days ride and you'll be golden.

Do you need to "start off" with a hot wax and then maintain the wax? The website still suggests getting a wax iron... I'm just worried cuz my iron is really dirty and "holey" and was hoping I could avoid mucking up my base on the very first wax.