Note to New Members ×

Best places you stayed for SES

Bobby Buggs

Last year stayed at the St Moritz. If you choose to the budget route, it doesn't get any cheaper. Right near downtown.

If you want to stay in the hostel (think dorm room) its about $60 per night. They also have regular hotel rooms.

The staff is nice and they have an outdoor pool heated to about 95 degrees that many carvers take over each evening.

Not the nicest but far and away the cheapest.

If you want to stay in the hostel (think dorm room) its about $60 per night. They also have regular hotel rooms.

Is there anything surprising about the private dorm rooms? Terrible beds, can't fit a 185 board in them, etc. I stayed in a dorm for my first year of college, that would be more than enough to keep me happy through SES.

I saw one of the St. Moritz '1 Br. condos', it was really nice for under $300/night in Aspen.

If by best you mean nicest with price not an issue, The Little Nell is right at the base of the gondola in Aspen and appears to be very nice. I've eaten there but not stayed.

Also, the Ritz Carlton is right at the base of Aspen Highlands. I was fortunate enough to have couch surfed there for one night last year and it is very nice. I think there can be some real deals there on a last-minute basis.

Last year I stayed at the Aspen Square Hotel. It doesn't get any more convenient. One block to the gondola. Two blocks to the bus depot. One block to a grocery store and liquor store. Nice hot tubs. Covered parking in the basement. Rooms are like very small condos with kitchens. I actually had lunch in the room one day since it was so convenient. The place is run by Klug's family.