Note to New Members ×

Mammoth Opening Weekend

Loc

After marching in the hot sun while carrying 50 pound drums and playing at the same time for 3 hours and getting yelled at by a balding fat man, I longboarded home, and melted on my couch.

California has some serious heat issues going on.

It's supposed to be fall right now, but someone decided to extend summer and make this week the worst of them all apparently.

Loc, I'm totally up for going opening week end, that is if my padre is too.

Neil, wishful thinking.

We all hope you're correct on your countdown to falling white particles.

I'm hoping for a late October opening also. I've been there early the past few years before thanksgiving and I don't think I will go again if only Broadway is open. But then again I may NEED to go.

I agree about the heat. It's hard to imagine Loveland making snow while I'm burning up at work.

So far this off season has been good to me.

I've haven't been Jonesing much yet. I guess I've been too busy taking care of all sorts of stuff.

In fact, I have no interest to go anywhere for opening week or opening weeks... If there's only going to be one run open, I think I can wait.

But, we'll see, it's still pretty early in the season (as in the non-existant part). I've plenty of things to take care of and keep me busy through October at the very least. I don't anticipate much Jonesin' until around late November.

I Just Brought My First Alpine Board And Binding, But No Boot Yet Anyone Have A Use One For Sale 9.5-10.5

Mac

Hey Mac, I don't have any boots for sale but just wanted to say congrats on the board. What did you get?

I live in Santa Ana, we should get a carpool going up to Mammoth ;)

• 2 weeks later...

The Mammoth web site had a picture of a large lift line in the morning.

They took it off the site later on.

The combination of free tickets and most So Cal College students being off on Fridays is the perfect storm for a crowd.

Plan on going after the next storm later this month.