Note to New Members ×

Line Ostvold died from her injuries - FirstTracksOnLine.com

Pat Donnelly

18. September 2004

Snowboard: Line Ostvold died from her injuries

Norwegian snowboard ace Line Ostvold died Sunday from her injuries suffered in an accident while practicing with the national team in Chile.

The accident occured in Valle Nevado, according to the Norwegian Snowboard Association (NSBF).

Ostvold fell during a practice session for World Cup participants.

-She died fromthe head injuries sustained in the fall, says national tam doctor Joern Torjussen.

The Hoenefoss native (26), who won the Norwegian Championship in snowboard cross last year, was immediately taken to a local hospital, before she was flown on to a hospital in Santiago.

Ostvold became World Champion in 2002, and have won several World Cup events. She was to have raced for Norway in the WC opening in Chile on September 15th and 16th.

Guest dragon fly jones

coloradocyclist.blogspot.com

And got a call from Miami on the 20th when peeple were headed home. Man she was a great person, fully of joy and the most striking laugh and eyes, she will be missed!

oh no, what a terrible tragedy.

I have son "up there" that I lost when he was 17. He'd be 26 now. A snowboarder too. In fact that is what brought me to the sport. 3 weeks after he died on Dec 7th, 1995 I just picked up his board and gear and wanted to give it life again. I still use the jacket and pants evey time I ride. All sun bleached and almost shreds now, but it brings me good vibes.

I'll have Justin take greet Line when she arrives.

Sic t 2

Guest Jim Pryor

So sad to hear about Line. May her friends and family find comfort and peace. Lost a good friend a couple years ago. Dennis Yates skied at Bear Mt. often and was lost in an avalanche along with Craig K. and others. Hard to make sense of the dark side of the sport we all love. jim