Note to New Members ×

Spied! MADD 168BX board?

Shred Gruumer

I've been looking for a BX board for a while, but since I heard this "possible rummor" of a MADD BX168 spotted on MT. Hood at years end and then a racer kid has one at Stratton showing it off a few weeks ago,, I may have found what Im looking for..

If its anything like the race boards,,,Its a no brainer..I want one!

Im trying to find out from the source, but no one is talking! or just won't give up the goods just yet.

Oh yea,, CBS told me! thanks Dano!

Right Said Shred

talking of such a thing a year or two ago

I do have to say this though if it has more in common with the jib sticks that they used to make I want no part of that

those boards split open at the tips among other things

if they are constucted like the Madds that we all know and love here then its on I want one too

Originally posted by bobdea

talking of such a thing a year or two ago

I do have to say this though if it has more in common with the jib sticks that they used to make I want no part of that

those boards split open at the tips among other things

if they are constucted like the Madds that we all know and love here then its on I want one too

Yea, those circa-90s freestyle boards were very prone to delaming or cracking at the tips. I have never seen the BX boards up close to compare.

JG said this

The feestyle boards shared a few things in common with the race decks

ptex 5000 base, individual full length wood strips, ruber dampening tail and tip, rockwell hardened edges, ----but they did not have the extra ruber layers or the special top sheet.

Our newer boardercross deck eclipses the older freestyle models by considerable margin.

I had one of their prototype cap construction 168 BX boards. I know that it has different construction methods (rubber dampening around the inserts, CF wings adjacent to the bindings vs a full butterfly topsheet) but it was an awesome ride. SUPER stiff and massive camber, you really had to work it, but it rewarded you with unlimited edge hold and remained very damp.

I'm not sure if their new BX boards are going to be designed like the prototype, or if they are sandwich vlams like the 158 and 170. Either way, I know I want one :D

Well,, then my sources were correct! But what they are telling me is this must be the new and way improved model!

So that being the case.. then Indeedy! Im getting one,,one way or another! Even if its close to the 158, or 170 then its already better than whats out there..

Could we be seeing an re-birth of an additional alpine oriented board company.. hmmm I thought it was going the other way.. well this is indeed cool.. more choices..

Whats next..Womens Race boards.. MADD HALF PIPE Board.?

Wooo,, hold on there! I'll be stoked if I can't get a BX board..

Gotta rattle their cages to get this board!

Right Said Shred;)