Note to New Members ×

What do you think of this?

trikerdad

The reason for trying a tension spring instead of a compression spring is that you don't need a post to keep it from buckling. The spring still has a little tension on it when the boot is in the fully upright possition. There are dozens of spring lengths and tensions to choose from. It would be for a rider who likes full motion in the boot but with increasing tension as the forward lean increases.

Guest Randy S.

I want adjustable pre-load and rebound damping. And a remote reservoir. Oh, sorry...wrong sport. Must be Jack's avatar making my mind wander. Now if my darn finger would just heal I could get back out and ride.

It depends on what you call zero forward lean. All of the Raichles or Dee Luxe boots will only lean back so far before they hit the molded in stop on the back of the boot. As near as I can measure, they stop at about 13 degrees of forward lean. They hit that stop, or very close to it, in the 5 position, the walk mode or with the mod I made. I usually ride in the 5 positon, depending on what I'm using for cants on that day, so my heelside preasure would remain the same. I'm not saying the mod will work great, just that I think it will work better than riding in the walk mode.