Note to New Members ×

Carving Colorado

hdhu1152

Hi Guys

I am living in Switzerland and some frineds of mine and I do some carving over here in Europe (I am currently riding a 183cm Virus Cyborg with a TD1 skwal). Some movies available at http://www.extremecarving.com/attachments/rememberthesound.wmv (blue jacket).

My wife an I will visit my parents who moved to Floirda over X-mas. After that we wanna go from Ft. Myers / FL to Coloarado for some carving (January 4 - for a week or so).

Any ideas on good resorts (nice snow / steep abnd wide slopes) ?

Any ideas on a good way to book for a reasonable price (inc. flight, ticket, accomo.). Looks like prices are higher even than in expensive Switzerland but maybe we are just dummies from Europe ? We are looking for a budget accomodation (we will carve all day and be so tired every night anyway)....

Thanx for any help.

Greetings from Switzerland (first snow due next weekend -:)

Ed.

Hi Ed

I don't know why you would ever want to leave Switzerland but....

I have posted a lot of accomodations for Aspen for the SES that might be helpful. Aspen is a fantastic place to carve and if you stay 5 days you can get affordable lodging. It has some amazing grooming and the crowds are low, although it will be the Christmas season. We live in Summit County, CO (home of Breckenridge, Copper Mountain, Keystone, and A-Basin) and some of the best terrain. However, at that time of year the crowds will be out of control. I would consider Aspen or even Beaver Creek next to Vail for some great carving. Best of luck!

Aspen / Buttermilk would be my recommendation.

Dive through the SES 05 thread at the top of the forum.

Shop flights at www.expedia.com

Also check out VANS at www.orbitz.com

Flight from Ft Meyers "RSW" direct to Denver "DEN" versus flying into Aspen "ASE" is less $$. Aspen can be difficult to fly into if there is weather. You could probably fly into Denver and rent a van for a few dollars less than the cost of flying into Aspen. The drive from Denver to Aspen is beautiful and you will also pass by Loveland, Copper and Vail along the way.

www.PureBoarding.com will make two trips this season to Aspen (from Switzerland).

I have seen a few ads for one stop shopping www.ski.com

Enjoy!