spring system on Suzukas

CarvCanada

I am going to install the Deeluxe spring system on my Suzukas. I like to ride real compact, and I can't get enough lean on my Suzukas with the 5 point system.

I've never had a chance to check out the spring system up close, so I have a question... do you set a median lean position with a screw, which can be pretty much any angle from like 80 to 40 degrees, and in this position the spring is not under any force, and then when you ride the boot can flex slightly lower and higher than this position? can I set this position lower than the equivalent of locking the Suzuka in position 1?

The best I could find about the spring system is here http://www.carver.cc/galleries/photo.php?photo=130&exhibition=10&u=137|8|...

It says how to modify it to be more upright (contrary to what your looking for), but at least there is a good view of it, how it looks. The only thing I could say is that I've tried both (Suzuka and Indy) at Shark's, and the Indy are much more inclinated than the Suzuka, so you get much more lean out of it. The way the spring system works (if I understand correclty) is that you set it to angle when not flexing, and it will get lower when the boot flexes.

It's the best I could say about this.

Derf

Don't forget that there's not a lot of difference between the 5 position "unlocked" and the RAB - the RAB just adds spring tension to the forward lean movement. At some point the boot itself will not flex any further, so which mechanism is being used would not matter at that point. I use the RAB system, it came on my 325LTD's, I find it is smoother than the 5 position mechanism. Have not modified it though, have found no need. I noticed that all of the mods shown in this thread eliminate the forward lean in the boot, not sure how that would feel as you are finishing a carve and setting up for the next one - I like that pressure on the back of the calf.

hmm yes but in walk mode I can flex the boot quite further down than position 2, which is the lowest position I've been able to lock in to... position 1 I have never managed even though I've flexed really hard while clipped into my bindings... would much rather easily dial in the lean with a bolt after clipping in I'll try it out at Sharks