Note to New Members ×

Frost on windows!!!!!!

CarvCanada

TIMBERLINE OPENS FOR 2005 SEASON

Timberline Ski Area is excited to announce the opening of the Fall 2005 ski season this Saturday, the 18th, operating the Magic Mile and Palmer chairlifts. It has been snowing since Monday night and more is expected for opening day. According to Steve Kruse, General Manager of Mountain Operations, the conditions on Timberline’s world famous Palmer snowfield are "like mid-winter" and it looks great for this weekend. The Palmer snowfield is at the 8500' level of Mt. Hood and is recommended for advanced intermediate to advanced snow riders. Hours of operation will be Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from 8:30 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. with lift tickets just $35 for adults and $22 for juniors. Fall hours will be in effect until snow conditions allow Timberline to open additional lifts. Please call the Sno-Phone at 502-222-2211 for up to the minute condition reports or visit www.timberlinelodge.com for more information.

We've had snow at Sunshine already, just out of Calgary, and we're getting cold at night now too - 2 and 3 deg being common for the last couple of weeks.

They're picking an early and long winter here, sounds okay to me! I have the boards off the racks and sitting on the floor already ...

I think you guys in the east might be waiting a bit longer, friends in Ontario tell me it's still shorts weather there ...

Originally posted by D-Sub

cant believe timberline!

Actually...

... they are just re-opening the same terrain that was open throught the summer. They close down for two weeks after Labor Day every year to perform scheduled lift maintainence. Then they reopen Palmer, usually just on weekends, until either ttoo much snow melts to make it worthwhile, or until winter starts in earnest and they open the rest of the resort. (At which time Mt Hood Meadows usually opens as well, and everyone goes there instead.)

Check the hourly readings before you get too excited... it's been above freezing all week, although lower snow levels are forecast for Saturday. Let's hope for visibility!

Originally posted by CarvCanada

yeah I was up in the Laurentians, and it was like, condensation but with crystalizing patterns

I went up there one or two weeks ago, and I saw a pile of snow!!!

Actually, it was Mont Saint-Sauveur doing some kind of freestyle show and this was a small pile of snow right next the the highway exit with a board that said what was going on. I didn't get to go as I was with some other friends and we were going camping.

But hey, if MSS is starting to make snow, it means winter's coming!:D

Derf