Note to New Members ×

Pork ?

BobD

ohh ****

the tinfoil hats are coming out of the woodwork.

Hey, I wouldn't be that hard on Jon Dahl.

Direct quote from the CDC on the flu:

"The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has determined the new virus is an extremely unusual four-way combination of human genes and genes from swine viruses found in North America, Asia and Europe."

I'm not saying it's man-made, but I'm really curious how common it is for swine virus from 3 different continents to mix with human genes naturally. Do we have any viral experts on this board who know the statistics behind such combinations?

This virus is part avian, part european swine, part asain swine, part human. As this isn't something that happens in real time and in the actual world, only one conclusion can be made.

oh you nutty conspiracy theorist, you!

And Tamiflu is worthless against it.

I heard differently. But...do you know what Tamiflu is derived from?

and find something natural that works against it.

dead solid certain that the usual suspects will work as they always do. There are hundreds if not thousands of naturally occurring antiviral compounds.

dead solid certain that the usual suspects will work as they always do. There are hundreds if not thousands of naturally occurring antiviral compounds.

most of these are either so rare or in such low consentrations in the material they reside in that they are basically inefective.

Until, some of these compounds are isolated and can be recreated in a lab and also be put into stable forms. we're still sort of up **** creek. we do know that there's tons on interesting fungi and plants that do produce antivirals, most are not all that effective in their natural form and even if they were, they are in short supply.

tamiflu reported makes some people crazy..... I'd rather be crazy fir a week than die though.

most of these are either so rare or in such low consentrations in the material they reside in that they are basically inefective.

HILARIOUS. Someone else trying to refute my argument recently said the exact opposite. That the doses were too high and too powerful. LMFAO!

Until, some of these compounds are isolated and can be recreated in a lab and also be put into stable forms. we're still sort of up **** creek. we do know that there's tons on interesting fungi and plants that do produce antivirals, most are not all that effective in their natural form and even if they were, they are in short supply.

You are mistaken about quantity and quality, bob. Garlic and Oregano Oil, both easily obtained, are highly potent. Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), L-Lyseine, all readily available and very, very effective against bacteria, viruses, and oxidation.

tamiflu reported makes some people crazy..... I'd rather be crazy fir a week than die though.

how do you know it'll only last a week?

HILARIOUS. Someone else trying to refute my argument recently said the exact opposite. That the doses were too high and too powerful. LMFAO!

You are mistaken about quantity and quality, bob. Garlic and Oregano Oil, both easily obtained, are highly potent. Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), L-Lyseine, all readily available and very, very effective against bacteria, viruses, and oxidation.

how do you know it'll only last a week?

I was refering to the vast majority of extracts most spesifically the mushroom extracts. some have great properties that are amazing but are not proven effective enough without being toxic.

it costs a lot of money to weed out what is effective in a extract with 100 chemicals in it where most have not been heavily studied.

on the crazy for a week, the reports I read seemed like it was short lived.

it costs a lot of money to weed out what is effective in a extract with 100 chemicals in it where most have not been heavily studied.

Now you've done it! You have hit the nail on the head. You cannot patent naturally occuring substances, therefore you cannot make the big profits! Most of these naturally occuring substances that are effective, are so because of all those other "little" things they are combined with. Many are less potent when singled out, they work in synthesis with the compounds in the natural. And naturals work in synthesis with the body, the chemically engineered so called "magic bullets" are quite foreign to the body and can cause problems.

ehh, they can be but not always

opiates are a good example, very safe although addictive but don't do much harm with short term useage. the ones used for pain are mostly modified forms, be it dope or one of the legal ones.

While you're right to some extent many extracts may have very useful properties but have other things in them that cause issues.

I've read a lot on the subject and even had limited conversations with people actually doing research on fungi.

grifola frondrosa is a good example something with a cancer fighting property but it's in short supply and the extracts so far are only effective in the lab. The homeopathy dicks swear by it but they are all smoke and mirrors anyway. Grifola frondrosa makes a mean soup though.

Omphalatus illudens, here's one that the makes you sick if you pick it and eat it (mmmmm bloody stools) but has moved on to clinical trials and seems to be effective. do the specific compounds that make you **** blood also kill the cancer?

do you know?

Maybe they don't?

why not make a refined version that might not **** with you so much?

maybe make these chemicals in the lab so we're not dependent on mushroom pickers or wait 'till figure how to grow these thing?

• 5 months later...

Friend of mine just calls me and tells me about friends of their family in Rhode Island and their 12 year old daughter just died from H1N1. Came down w/ flu symtoms, stayed home from school on thursday or friday last week and died on Monday. Perhaps I've been non chalant about this and figure it'll go away but....as a parent w/ 2 young ones in K and 3rd grade, I'm alot more concerned than I was 20 minutes ago.

But the vaccine itself and the ingredients don't make me feel any better.

Anyone in Rhode Island have any input...holy crap!!:eek:

Sorry to hear the loss of your friends, bonz. Buddy in the med field says: if ya got the flu, no big. If you got the flu AND a fever, get to the DR. pronto. Over the summer, the vaccine has proven to be ineffective against h1n1. Plus it is stabilized with 25mcg of mercury, wanna spray that up your kids nose?

edit to add: Make a batch of elderberry tincture from Sambucus nigra elderberries.:flamethro

Sorry to hear the loss of your friends, bonz. Buddy in the med field says: if ya got the flu, no big. If you got the flu AND a fever, get to the DR. pronto. Over the summer, the vaccine has proven to be ineffective against h1n1. Plus it is stabilized with 25mcg of mercury, wanna spray that up your kids nose?

edit to add: Make a batch of elderberry tincture from Sambucus nigra elderberries.:flamethro

a bit of a correction. about 99% of flu cases(any type of flu) a fever is present. a general rule of thumb is that if you don't have a fever, you don't have the flu. many people confuse a cold and the flu. i would say, if you have a fever, get to the Dr. a symptom they look for when people come in is a fever. they won't suspect h1n1 without a fever of over 100F, and i htink it might be a bit higher, like 102f or something.

i think there are far fewer people who have actually had h1n1 than the media and the general population would make you think. the media got people scared and paranoid, which translated to people running to the Dr. because they sneezed, sneezing is not a typical symptom of the flu. when i had h1n1 the doc told me his office had been packed with people who thought they had h1n1, but the majority of people didn't. just a cold, or seasonal allergies mixed with some media enduced paranoia.

if h1n1 had surfaced a few months earlier it would have been included in the regular seasonal flu vaccine.