Who is our cross training market- Answer Motorcyclists!

John Gilmour

Have we been wasting our time marketing to soft booters? I think so. Even though many of the slalom skateboarders are hard booters- I think we have a greater likelyhood of drawing Moto to our sport- especially during the winter months.

Should we be doing a mock up of split screen video with side by side comparision of body dynamics or Motorcycle racing and snowboarding- and bring that to the next Moto show?

Are there are lots of people out there who wouldn't feel comfortable carving up the streets who might want to take it to the snow?

I've been telling my motorcycle riding buddies this for years. they all bitch about winter and I tell em' to get a carving deck - it's actually more like riding on the track then the street - and track days are the most fun you can have on a bike.

I don't know which I enjoy more - motorcycles or snowboards. They're both so damn good!

I am noticing a strong similarity between carving and riding. Just got back into it by purchasing a 03 Suzuki sv1000. The pinch at the waist turn and the newer technique of cornering I see in moto look a lot similar. I am finding I can get almost to the edge of my tires that way and the bike feels very stable. I know I'm just playing at it right now, getting comfy again, but it's sure fun! I still pick carving boards for my ultimate thrill, though. Less cops at the resorts!

Guest Randy S.

I ride both and there are lots of parallels. I'd elaborate but typing is a bitch right now. I broke my finger last week in a lowside and just got a pin put in it yesterday. When I can type better I'll give more detail.

Randy