Note to New Members ×

Re-Visiting Legendary Snowboard Graphics

Another example of "Oldsnowboard" graphics being "Sampled" and brought back to life.

Barfoot "Freestyle"

Avalanch "Bump"

Burton "Air"

Others?

Lib-Tech

K2 "Gyrator"

I like the idea of visiting some classic alpine board also.

The Burton PJ has been done.

What other boards do you think would "Sample" well?

Specifically that would work well with my next Tinkler Designs board?

post-198-141842280475_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842280477_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842280479_thumb.jpg

Always was partial to the face on my Apex GS

Seconds go to the pooping cow pink GNU Raceroom with the scientist guy on the shovel mixing up those

aerospace composite slopetool stuffs

Has it been "Sampled" ??

I am considering the "Stealth" block letters, simple graphics and base materials (if they can be found), I am just concerned about getting carried away and actually building a radical asysm with a plate, sticks and carbon topsheet and tex plate. OUCH!! 2000$ to build the most insane aysm ever?

Oh, and 205cm length and a 17CM waist!! DUDE!!!!

Someone want to get carried away? I can't afford this fantasy build.

did somebody say retro graphics??

Coiler_Safari.JPG

The Gyrator is a sore subject for me. In my circle, the Gyrator was deemed a poser board simply because it was made by an evil, interloping ski company!

I thought the original Hot Logical was cool.

Anyone have images of this board? It's the board that got me to stop slamming when I was learning to board. Greyish/white with confetti type top sheet. It was a rougher top sheet.

If it is not on the site, I have a copy in the collection.

I may have to don the Kemper one piece to get in the mood to dig it out :eek:

did somebody say retro graphics??

The Gyrator is a sore subject for me. In my circle, the Gyrator was deemed a poser board simply because it was made by an evil, interloping ski company!

I thought the original Hot Logical was cool.

Which Hot Logical? Gray? Asym?

Yes, the Safari Coiler is a great example. The PJ is too!

K2 was pretty early in the game, however, I do remember Lib-Tech threatening to make skis. Which they now make NAS instead!! "Narrow Ass Snowboard".

1987 Kemper? I do.

It's not pink,

it's flamingo.

100% Eurotex!

I think it was originally $399 in '87.

I bought it for $149 three years later

It's the only one I've ever seen.

Still ride it on bottomless days

It's almost too toasty!

Not sure what you mean by "Original".

The earliest Kempers are from well before 87.

Sounds like you may be describing the "Freestyle"?

Photos?

:o

I should be more careful using words like "original" in the shadow of your collection. It's the first one I ever saw in my little neck of the woods, Lake Tahoe. Could have been '85 or '86. They kept discounting it every year until I finally bought it. I guess everyone thought it was just too ugly!

Never into fashion- I figured that the corollary was to not be concerned with being flamingo.

This one has neon green arms and hood.

It is a thousand times more serious than those vinyl neon 1990's things people have posted here.

Someday I plan to post a pic of this and that rare carbon Atomic (1994?) that we spoke of on the phone a while back.

Cool! I don't think I have seen that example. I guess it would be asking too much to hope they used the same nose profile?

Haha, no. ;) It was a regular profile, not the TrickStick one.

His buddy had another retro-styled/knock-off board, I think it was an Avalance Kick type of graphic. I can't remember for sure though. Seeing the two boards side by side in the rack certainly stopped me dead in my tracks! I had to pull out my Iphone to verify which decade we were in. Neither owner knew they were copies of old board graphics.

+1 for the Burton Fish, I really like that one.

Stepchild is the brand that made the retro look lamatrickstick style grahics (it said kool instead of look)..they also copied a sims kidwell (both the sims and look knock-off graphics are from 07-08) and a burton (08-09 latchkey) as well.

cheers,

sandy

I love the fact that the Avalanche has imprints from the old A-plates that Damien Sanders and the like used to ride on those, I also dig seeing the old 5-hole Burton pattern on the "Mystery Air", and I find it funny that the K2s look to have haggard t-bolts on them (which they ALWAYS did back then).

Otherwise... do kids still ride Forum's now-a-days? I thought their hey-day was about 10 years ago.

Oh, and Jack - Gyrator's were deemed the "poser" board in my circles back then too...but more because they rode worst than a plywood ironing board (and yes I have a Avalanche "Kick" in the era). Sure we were all Burton boys back then, but those K2s were horrible even for the era.

Otherwise... do kids still ride Forum's now-a-days? I thought their hey-day was about 10 years ago.

I am a 40 yo "kid" and bought a new forum park board last season and have a stiff freeride board in the quiver also. The tech in the park board makes it a blast to ride and is a very versatile board. So yes, they are still out there and a great board to ride........and not just for "kids".

Umm, b0ardski? The K2 TX was a monoski. We're talking about snowboards, yes?

Ha... actually the Hot Logical I was thinking of doesn't seem so hot anymore...

logical.jpg

How 'bout a Sims Blade...

2997557875_3897565603.jpg?v=0

Although probably the only graphics that would look right under the Tinkler plate would be the Madd boy.

That Sims is the 1st metal edged board I ever saw, a dorm mate got 1 in '86, still a plywood core though like the burton cruizer. K2 used vert/lam cores in '88 which had way more spring out of turns. Sims used Volkl vert wood cores around '90.

I got the monopl8 conversion on the 3yr old TX when I demoed and bought the Lib Grocer in '92. I'd love to see the litigator/grocer/doughboy pair of ski graphics make a come back, it tends to blow parkrat minds.

post-5508-141842280808_thumb.jpg