Note to New Members ×

Mammoth (maybe June) 7th-8th of April

Arclite

Summit has only 12 inches left...... sad :smashfrea

Yup, sad indeed. This looks like it'll be my last day for the season, unless... eh, unfortunately I don't see myself making it out of town for the rest of the season, but i can still hope.

Enjoy Mammoth guys, it'll likely be your last until next season, unless you go there or Tahoe again this season...

Carve it up for me, happy turns

Yup, sad indeed. This looks like it'll be my last day for the season, unless... eh, unfortunately I don't see myself making it out of town for the rest of the season, but i can still hope.

Enjoy Mammoth guys, it'll likely be your last until next season, unless you go there or Tahoe again this season...

Carve it up for me, happy turns

We should all plan a weekend and go up to x mountain for 3 days in may.

Sure wish I could go hang with you guys up there at Mammoth. I hate the end of tax season. I sure have the wrong job for being a carver. Oh well, there is still a little snow left on the hill at Summit. Maybe I can manage a trip to Mammoth after the 15th. I guess we will see. Have fun, and carve a run for me.

I just got two runs in this afternoon. The weather is beautiful with no wind---well maybe a little breeze. Temps in the 20's tonight should make for some grippy and hard conditions Monday AM.:D Weather is indicating 50's tomorrow. Not sure where I will be riding, but will most likely be on blue Prior WCR in the morning then army green WCR afternoon with orange Indy's. Hope to catch up with you guys tomorrow or Tuesday.

GC

I rode today from 8am to about 130. Carving conditions were about a good as it gets at Mammoth. I didn't see any other alpine riders and rode solo the whole session. The morning was best with near asphalt like conditions but still grippy and hooking up. The big board was the call until about 10am when it started to get too crowded for big, open turns.

The weather was near perfect with little wind and 40 to 50 degree temps. By the time I made it back to Canyon the snow conditions near there were a bit spring like but still fun on a shorter board.

I rode today from 8am to about 130. Carving conditions were about a good as it gets at Mammoth. I didn't see any other alpine riders and rode solo the whole session. The morning was best with near asphalt like conditions but still grippy and hooking up. The big board was the call until about 10am when it started to get too crowded for big, open turns.

The weather was near perfect with little wind and 40 to 50 degree temps. By the time I made it back to Canyon the snow conditions near there were a bit spring like but still fun on a shorter board.

Gary,

Thats what I had all weekend. My legs are still recovering. I'll be back up there on Friday evening. Can't wait, especially considering the fresh snow that is supposed to be on the way!!

Neil

Neil, I know what you mean about the sore legs, but it all being well worth it. It sucks to be the week end warrior that I am these days. I did get to ride with Aaron, Julian, and his dad which was a good time. Hopefully tomorrow too. The weather started to blow in at about 1130. Not too cold but cloudy and a bit windy. Carving conditions are still good all over the mountain.

Erwin, why the mid west? Don't we have enough latex in the world? Give me a call when you get a chance, we need to get caught up and make some plans for some spring boarding with you and Robert. Hope you enjoyed the beer.

oh man! beautiful day at mammoth today.

brought out the oxygen proton 168 13m. PERFECT board for the conditions.

I was cutting up nice trenches, getting low, getting some nice comments, and the occasional mouthful of snow... :biggthump

And Aaron killed the party today by switching to his damn skis....I was offended when he asked me to carry his skis.... :AR15firin

5-9 inches of powder tomorrow. Time for the 3800! :biggthump

oh man! beautiful day at mammoth today.

brought out the oxygen proton 168 13m. PERFECT board for the conditions.

I was cutting up nice trenches, getting low, getting some nice comments, and the occasional mouthful of snow... :biggthump

And Aaron killed the party today by switching to his damn skis....I was offended when he asked me to carry his skis.... :AR15firin

5-9 inches of powder tomorrow. Time for the 3800! :biggthump

Dammit I'm so jealous. I'm slaving away in the cubicle. At least they didn't block BOL and I can e-carve:biggthump

we just got back to the condo and let me say this was one of the best trip to mammoth for me, yesterday we had clear sky and it was very carvelicious, then last night the clouds moved in dumping enough fresh snow to have a powderfull day today, visibility was kind of low in the early hours and then it cleared enough to make the condition just beautiful, the 4807 with plates rocks, it floats in powder and i could still carve it up on the open runs with chopped up powder, to sum it up, we had a blast