150 members have voted

1. 1. Rate your skillz

• World Cup/Olympic
    • Master Freecarver
    • One of the best on my hill
    • Right down the middle average
    • I suck
    • I only come here to chat with the cool carve geeks
    • I thought I was good, but BB said my equipment sucks, So I'm re-evaluating

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does being the best on the hill count if there are no other carvers 99.99% of the time?

I had the same thought. I'm average or towards the bottom among the carvers at Meadows, but there's only about 10 of us. I ride better than 99% of the soft booters though*.

*Outside the park, that is. :)

Utterly average... I should be a better than I am given the lifetime mileage :o
Does being the best on the hill count if there are no other carvers 99.99% of the time?
Exactly. Against what standard are we measuring here?

Sadly I spend most of my ride time at a small hill. I am probably the best there but stacked against carvers at real mountains I am horribly average....not that I care I'm still having fun and that's all that matters

I had the same thought. I'm average or towards the bottom among the carvers at Meadows, but there's only about 10 of us. I ride better than 99% of the soft booters though*.

*Outside the park, that is. :)

Yeah, my utterly average self-assessment was pretty much measuring myself against all other carvers I have ever ridden with - Bachelor locals, Hood locals, visitors, OES, SES.

As far as just freeriding around, comparing myself to the others on the hill that day, I'm top 20% on a weekday and top 2% on a weekend... as I suspect most of us are!

:lol::lol::lol:

works for me, especially considering that over my entire time on hardboots, since winter '94-'95, I've only seen (on the snow, in action, live & in person) a total of Five (5) other hardbooters

The older I get, the better I was....

Sadly this is also true....while I am a better carver now than when I was when I wasyounger there are a lot of things I used to be able to do on a snowboard (and a skateboard for that matter) that I will never be able to do again (like Corbetts)

I wanted to say Im one of the best on my hill..... but it all depends on who is there .... LOL.

Im "Middle of the road" average in comparison to other carvers.

Racing and technical prowess....however...... I take the cake at my mountian and consume it with a Shet eatin grin as I blow the doors off my co-workers :biggthump

EDIT: and I agree with GECKO.... I'm not a park rider much anymore after I realise I cant do what I used to without serious risk with big consequences if I F-up and scrub a landing or bone myself hard. I get props and respect in otherways.

Youth has privlages, but age has Wyle ;)

Personally I don't know another boarder, aside from my son, that stays in the bumps 90% of the time (though I know there's a few others), I had to put in Olympic/World Cup because I'd be in my own "Special" Olympics. (Special not as mentally/ physically handicapped-if being 60 is not considered a handicap-way)