Note to New Members ×

Help Me Buy My First HB Board!

Helvetico

So, after three width adjustments, my hardboots fit. Now I'm looking for a good hardboot board. I've got off-piste covered: I'm getting a 2m Tanker next year to replace my current, dying 182.

I like hardboots on the 182 Tanker, which has a 24.6 inch waist. Fun, but a little unwieldy on pistes. Feels like I need something narrower and shorter. I also have a 164 BX board, but I don't really like the hardboots on it. WAY too stiff and not very damp. Strangely enough, I find the longer board more versatile. Maybe I'm just not athletic enough to handle all that snap.

I'm 5' 11", 185 lbs. with small feet. I'm looking at the F2 Vantage and the Sigi Grabner SG Cult, as well as stuff from Coiler and Prior. Ideally I'd like something that handles ice, hardpack and bumps really well, yet can carve.

One more thing: is this titanium stuff all it's made out to be? I tested a Burton T6 years ago and really, really liked the dampening. Is titanium superior to carbon fiber?

Cheers