Note to New Members ×

Head Stratos Pro ?

newcarver

Just got a pair of HSP's. Came with manual and spare parts, etc. Can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust the forward lean :smashfrea Tried following the instructions in the manual but no luck. Is there a trick to it or something? Or am I just dumb :confused: These are orange and a few years old. Has a flip up lever for walk mode and a small coil spring.

Also had a spare set of tongues which are silver the others are orange. Can't tell if one is stiffer than the other. Does anyone know?

Just got a pair of HSP's. Came with manual and spare parts, etc. Can't for the life of me figure out how to adjust the forward lean :smashfrea Tried following the instructions in the manual but no luck. Is there a trick to it or something? Or am I just dumb :confused: These are orange and a few years old. Has a flip up lever for walk mode and a small coil spring.

Also had a spare set of tongues which are silver the others are orange. Can't tell if one is stiffer than the other. Does anyone know?

Newcarver...Nope, not dumb. There is a tool that comes with the boots and if I remember correctly, you need to use that tool to turn a sort of turn buckle arrangement. I'm thinking you need to push (bend) boot forward to accomplish the adjustment or bend it back. Not the most straight forward design but once you figure it out it works...

if you havent adjusted them then the spring on the back is locked out. to adjust this all you need to do is to just take a flathead screwdriver, and stick it in the slots on the little black bolt things. you should turn the top one left to right and the bottom one right to left. MAKE SURE TO COUNT THE ROTATIONS OR ELSE YOU WILL UNEVENLY LOOSEN THE SPRING!!!

[...]

As Coloradoking says. You'll need to adjust these nuts to set lean and spring preload. Your boots should have come with a tiny tool to turn them (a hex wrench attached to almost square flat piece of metal) but a regular flat screwdriver will also work. HTH

post-1988-141842277834_thumb.jpg