Note to New Members ×

Snow conditions across CO?

newcarver

How are things looking at your resort? We have had very warm temps and cold nights which = the most ice I've experienced outside the east coast. Think they must groom the runs early in the evening because they are rock solid in the morning. This is at Telluride. Everything above the lower lifts have been pretty good but forcast is calling for mid 50's by Sun! :barf:Might put an early end to the season if those temps keep up. Luckily we have had a lot of snow to build up a good base. Just wondering if it might be worth a road trip to other resorts?

It actually did rain in parts of Summit County on MOnday...at which point I was like, wait...isn't this why I LEFT the east coast!?

Anyway, some resorts got all snow but it was really mashed potato like and soft, spring-like. A lot of us were planning to hang it up until Winter returned.

Well, Winter has returned.........with a vegence. I think we've gotten over a foot of snow in the last 12-18 hours, and that's down in Town in Breck. I'm sure the mountain and places like the Basin are getting way more (and I know the Basin got all snow when it rained in other places). I've heard that the conditions are getting back to normal; I"m suspecting that tomorrow will be pretty awesome after they groom this new stuff. Especially because it isn't as warm now and its more normal CO snow.

I'll be out around a couple resorts this weekend and Monday, so I"ll give another report :o

Just wondering if it might be worth a road trip to other resorts?

Big Mario has been hitting Lovey and Abasin this week and is loving the conditions. Good carving in the early week to pow later in the week and today.

To answer your question above...YES

Make the trip to Lovey for the LCS on March 8th. See the CO ride board for more info. Boards to demo, food, fun and a bunch of other riders to play with.

Ink

Rode the trees at WP today and they were good. Had 8+ inches at WP on tuesday, it was extremely moist like pudding. Great foundation, finally got cold again today set all the wet stuff up and dropped some very high quality snow on top of it. Another foot or so over the last few days. Great conditions in the trees, groomers should be back in good shape also. More unrelenting sunshine coming the next few days. I ate a rope with my face today. Nice burn and couple o black eyes coming. Just like the cartoons but real. Get it while its good!!