Note to New Members ×

Pissing on burton T shirt

dano

I know I'm in the minority here but I can't complain about the rides I have and still use. I haven't always had the fiscal ability to venture into the more exotic breeds that I can lean to now but I certainly can see and feel the differences from feedback and my own personal trials. I am somewhat surprised at the amount of disdain for the name and the boards. What was everyone riding when they started on alpine(I know..different thread.not here)? I certainly plan on getting on newer, more exciting materials that guys like Bruce use in his steeds but here in the east, you probably were riding Burton when you started. Not trying to stir the pot but got to believe many of us cut our teeth on woodies, cruzer split tails, asyms and I still enjoy the primes I have and wouldn't trade them for a LibTech magna traction softie-that's not how I roll....flame away:)

I think its more of a reflection on what they're doing now as a company than what they have done in the past. No one can deny what Burton has done to help grow the sport, but their current line up leaves a lot to be desired. Just about everything I've seen from them is overpriced compared to other brands and there just doesn't seem to be a performance gap that I can see. Just my 2 cents

Just in case anyone was wondering, that shirt is not official. Just a screen printer on eBay making money off of other peoples trademarks.

AND knowing what I know about BOTH Burton and Mervin (Quicksilver). He could be in for a pretty hearty lawsuit....

The Lib-tech guy pissing the Burton logo is seen in the movie "That' it that's all"!

It is drawn on the hood of an old car that caries a big tree on the roof!

(Can anyone of you do a full layed carve with the board not touching the snow?)

(I can! just look at my avatar)